Thursday, March 26, 2009

Local Observations

Today I saw the neatest thing. As I carefully meandered down the avenue toward the errand-land across town, which is also the way toward the local high school, I noticed a homemade poster.
.
"Happy Birthday Brianna!" it boldly exclaimed in large, colorful letters. Then about 5 poles down the road was another in neon pink "Brianna Happy 16!" A green one was next, "Sweet 16 Brianna!" Large Posters on poles continued all the way into town, Wishing a lucky birthday girl a great day, even if she had to go to school.
How cool is that?
.
What a bus ride she had to school! How loved would you feel seeing those for you? Or would you be mortifyingly embarraassed infront of your fellow villager passengers?
.
I'm thinking it's my next door neighbor's adorable grand daughter (same name), who was looking so grown up at twelve, when last I asked, a blink of an eye ago (a few years back). I bet it was her Nana who went the extra five miles too!
.
Every one should get to feel so special at least once in their life.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger TALON said...

What a wonderful gift that was...

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That was sooooo cool!

I did something like that one year for Jimm's birthday, long ago before Kelly. It wasn't on every pole, but on maybe 3 or 4 and he LOVED it!

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, it was one of the more fun errand rides ever discovering those- What a thoughtful thing to do.

JanF, They must've gone broke on all those postrer boards!
We played treasure-map with the kids where you leave a note to find the next- n one year they left me notes for after work at home for my B-day to find a surprize.

Talk about a whole town that knows it's your day- you'd better like the attention- some folks are shy-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home