Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Frio

Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 8 2008
The temp display on the bank sign read 15F on the way back home from work this am. The chill moved in over the past week-end. Our first snowfall of the season fell on Sunday. Just enough to need to clean the car off for each cruise, but not enough to require shoveling.
.
The frozen crusties were still hanging tough in the artic air late in the Monday afternoon for this shot. It's the "Boat Ramp Beach" just a couple hundred feet away from my house. I walked to the corner with my digi-cam while I was waiting for Little Truck to warm up in the driveway. The long shadows almost make the snow appear more blue than the water...
.
Hace Frio!

6 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Are you paying like $2500 a month for rent to be so close to that gorgeous beach? Or are you grand-fathered in nice and cheaply
'cause you been there so long?

Got your wolly socks and sweaters on in the house?

And the joy of warming the vehicle up. So romantic in Cape Cod this time of year.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, yes, my rent is cheap for this area. That's how much a boat slip costs at the nearby marina. (if you follow that wall around the corner)
I swear by artic fleece n long-johns. I now have fleece socks n jammies! I prefer Flannel shirts to sweaters, they're warmer.
Little truck sputters a tad, needs more maintainence soon.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Her name is Frio
And she strolls along the shore
Wears fleece 'n long johns
And flannel shirts and more.

Duran-Duran, eat your heart out.

ha.

 
At 3:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Ya, n I used to dance alot, too! Always liked the "Rio" tune...

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

You capture the prettiest scenes, and I wish I lived where you did! It must be like a photographer's playground!

Cool how whites tend to bluish hues when the light levels drop. Digicams add to the effect, I find. Living up here in the Great White North, it's a quality of light that I'm very used to!

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Carmi, It can be a challenge to improve upon the sites already shot many times- but the short field trip choices do make land-water scapes an easy target.
I've had my modest 5mgpxl digi one year now, n it keeps surprizing me! The blue snow-shadows are new to me-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home