Friday, August 01, 2008

Wild Flowers

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
Hogweed n Thistle are beginning to proliferate in the available spaces. The first pic was taken tonight by the D-bridge over looking B-cove on my way to the market. The second pic on the same day last week at my fav beach where the kite-surfer was posing.
.
My deck flowers are just beginning to show up after a long growing period from seeds. So far only the Marigolds are in full swing, n Canterberry bells have finally openned. I'm trying out my little Digi on them, but really want the macro shots I've seen others do. I'm not getting great shots of them yet- Waking up for some good strong daylight would really help also.
.
I keep getting roped into unexpected long OT hours at work, which has effectively made me non-functional in my free time today. My arms are still bruised from OT the other night, then I topped it off with more extra hours of arm-duty the last shift. The mostly overcast , hot, muggy conditions conspired to make me so overtired I couldn't get my eyes open until after 5 pm.
.
Toe dipping at the beach today wasn't in the cards, but I did stop at the bridge near home to snap off a few pics just before sundown. I noticed that one of those Hogweed flowers growing on my front lawn, which conveniently for my arms, I don't have time to mow until another day.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
I've been noticing alot of wildlife besides the partying kids on my way home from work lately on these warm overnights. Yesterday on rt 28, the main road, at 4 am I saw a coyote near Perry's. A mile further down the road, there were several cats crossing the road by the depot pond, probably ferrel. Insect life is also at a peak. I just decided to close the door due to smelling a skunk making rounds out there...
.
If only I felt more lively -

3 Comments:

At 4:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I'm resorting to commenting on my own post... everyone must be at the beach but me!

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Sorry, still reading, just too busy lately to comment. Sending virtual hugs and comment love....

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks for the comment Xray, you know how it is when it seems like no one is paying attention! I appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home