Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WhiteCaps

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
Last week's toe-dipping was so warm, it could've been bath water. Our beaches are in the water region known as Buzzard's Bay, which faces southerly in the Atlantic. The famous "Gulf-Stream Current" feeds directly into our bay bringing some of the warmest water temperatures available for ocean swimming.
.
My fav place here is one of the warmest in town, directly hit with the current. It must've been close to 75F that particular visit.
.
Typing the title here made me miss my old, musical friend Bruce Marshall. He n Buddy McClelland (the drummer- not the same as Buddy the Doxie) first started out together in a band called "The WhiteCaps." I haven't been to any gigs at all since I've been working nights at my current job.
.
I had a bizarre dream the other night, in which Mark Pollock, former member of BMG band, now of the Expenders, (Big Spenders) was crying that I didn't need him anymore- In truth I miss them all terribly, as well as miss having time off in general. It's true tho that I can hear their tunes any time I want, now that I have the CDs... n Mark, if you're out there somewhere-reading... I do miss hangin' with you. I'll never forget that Boston Harbor boat gig when you made the "Wow, what a huge ashtray!" joke- which still cracks me up-
.
Well, I'm finding staying entertained a challenge lately- I could really use more sleep n a night out anytime now- Work day on the docket. Maybe I'll look up the gig schedules anyhow- in case I can make one. It's been too long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home