Saturday, June 28, 2008

Slam by

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2008 .
.
My Economic Stimulus check seems to be taking an eternity to arrive. I keep assuming it will arrive, even tho experience has taught me that to count the chickens from the eggs before they hatch opens the door to possible dissappointment. I can't help but to anticipate all I'll do with it.
.
The memory card on my camera hit full last week. I deleted some of the lesser important images to make a little space for a few more, but I'm trying for the first time in years NOT to take any shots- So I've let more sights slide by the blogside you'll never see. The card is my proof of image ownership, so I don't want to wipe it clean, I want a new card, (Which is waiting for that check). That's just one of the many items awaiting available funds.
.
Yesterday was one of those off-center days when I would've lost my head if my neck wasn't attaching it. The people from downstairs noisily arrived two hours after I'd fallen asleep, slammed the screen door no fewer than fifty times within a half-hour while getting the porch furniture down there set-up, (Wap!Whapp! Scrrrh- stomp, stomp, repeat), then dissappeared again without a trace (n still haven't returned yet).
.
Work was a challenge because I was so tired n my eyes were really stinging. The allergy drops I use several times a day make my eyes sting sharply before they clear it up. I managed to lose the bottle during "can't see" time I discovered after my break. I still haven't found it. I retraced steps, n searched repeatedly with no luck. It's as though the bottle vanished into thin air from my pocket where I'd thought I'd put it, (n have successfully hundreds of times).
.
After I got home about 4 am, I panicked trying to find my card, cash, n transaction slip from a stop at the ATM on my way home. I went out with the flashlight, conducting a retrace search again. I looked under the outside steps, the grass walkway, the truck, under the seats, n under the truck... Then back up the stairs. But just after I thought I'd have to drive back to search the ground near the ATM, there it was tucked in next to the store-cards after all! I prob wouldn't have lost anything if I'd had enough sleep to begin with.
.
I'm certain my aggrivation due to sleep deprivation will only increase in the next few weeks. The folks downstairs are usually here for several summer weeks during July. Meanwhile, it's the busiest season for work orders, n I'll be doing overtime. That money won't show up until about the same time my Stimulus check is due.
.
I think by then it'll be a bit too late to splurge on a new piston for that door... Lecturing the people on not slamming the door has failed in years past. I hope I have enough patience to last through their visit this time...

7 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I sure hope that you manage to make it through the slams while getting enough sleep and enjoying a bit of summer.

Make sure you get a big memory card or two!

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

xray, in two days I've had less than 4 hours of Zz- it's the most difficult part of summertime for me. I didn't realize how quick 1GB goes!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Its like getting a bigger house.

The more room you have, the more crap you put in it.

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Hey Snaggs, I am going balls to the walls, one day at a time...getting old sucks. Great photo....

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, I always was a squirrel too- I have trouble throwing out any images because they may be useful for other projects. At least the card itself is small... (I'll prob never find it once filed away-)

Fleen, One day of sleep around here would be heaven at this point. I'm too old to deal with no rest, cause then I'm old n cranky!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

LOL snag now I know why "Pal" is so cranky he may be old.. lol
I think he is 64 years same as me,but his is years mine is dog years... Good luck on the card "Pal" has 2, 2 geg each full so he feels so bad for you...
Your Doxiy.. BUDDY

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, thanks, then I only have to remember where it's stored after replacing. I'm using up alot of CD's too, putting them there.
I don't ever give out my age...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home