Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eye Stimuli

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2008

I'm so relieved to have stimulated the economy a little this week. All the household supplies were run out. Now I can do so many put-offs. I just regret that the money won't stretch as far as I'd like, due to the inflation of goods recently. of course, most of the Government incentive will pay bills.
.
With some fuel in the gas tank, I got out on my errand run with new batteries n a a new memory Card in my digi-cam. I stopped along the way at all my water-spots working on creating a few good summer shots.
.
It seems most of my fav pics end up being of the Short Pier from the main pier in the harbor. Here's yet another keeper from today. Notice the guy looking out near the end of the slips. One of the best things about living here is the people n how nice they are when meeting in our travels about town.
.
This particular sunset was spend chatting with this dude in the pic, n as it turns out, he lives here year-round also. We both share the attitude that no matter how many times we see this place, we never get sick of it. The sights, the water, the sea-craft, n the colors.
.
People here are very tolerant of others, as we host all sorts of strangers as tourists every year. The kids in school go thru a bit of tension with their clicks, as most young people do in our culture, but the adults who live here, having migrated in from all over the place, we are all willing to share our spot n company in this pretty place. It's so much less stressful as everywhere else I've lived before I moved here in the '70's. Getting to live here, n experience this place is worth more to me than anything I could ever buy. I'm greatful I get to share some of it with my pics.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2008
I bumped into a few folks I know already also in my pic travels today.
I've already got more than another hundred shots to sift thru from today. That's just from what I drive past doing regular errands. It'll be easy to fill up this new cam-card too...
n now the spending party is over, already.
Back to the simple things-

5 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i love low stress living spaces
you have the right idea

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Congratulations on getting new memory and batteries! I cannot wait to see more of your photographic artistry. I just love the one of the child. That one is so great!

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I still wonder how folks ever tolerate city life. I had too much stress growing up in the burb...

Xray, thankyou for being such a good audience! It's amazing one of those shots came out ok, cus him n his bro didn't stop for a moment! Right after that he tried eating a salty rock- ewww-

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

Memories, don't you love them??

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, yes, n some of the best ones happen by pure chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home