Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Water Marks

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2008









...



Will Persistance pay off today?
Will this post go smoothly, like the sea-swept sand, or has the constant, aggitation action just created yet again more ripples?
...
Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2008
..
This is my third try for the third day to put up these pics. Stuff keeps having errors, n doesn't want to co-operate to accomplish the task before it's time to get on with retiring for the next round of work.
It's been so long, I almost forgot what I was gonna do, here!
..
I've been not well for the past several weeks. I managed to catch a cold-virus thing on-top-of the reaction I was already dealing with. This time of year tends to be pretty bad allergy-wise every year anyhow, due to the dust accumulation. I can't wait to get the windows open again, n get spring-cleaning done. My sinuses are having a party, n I'd like to throw them out to get some quiet... Then there's the sore throat, the rash, the swelling, the food tasting bad, soup, more soup, tea, more tea,...
...
Of course, none of this has stopped me from going to work. Then the boss guy decides to be nice to me, n gives me my first two days off in a row since November! But I didn't find out until the day before. I was sick, my paycheck wasn't cleared yet, n I was broke (rent time). It was spring ahead week-end, n the rain had a wash-out festival. I could hear a loud motor going most of the day. I'd decided to stay in to be dry (plus no coat with a hood to wear). I didn't get to do much at all. I'm still not better yet, either.
...
The bowl-shaped trailer park down the hill got pumped out from flooding- which was all the noise I'd heard. I saw it on the evening news! My little spruce tree in a barrel took a digger out on the deck n is now fairly flat on one side. Poor thing- Can't seem to get it to stop tipping over. Time for a larger-base container. It's already in eighty pounds of soil! I don't wanna know what it'll be like getting it down-stairs someday-
...
Lately I just want to sleep in my free time. I'm so deprived lately, n it's time to recover. But I really have to keep pushing myself to come up with all the bill bux, because I get no paid time off- Now, I'm in the middle of a longer than usual work stretch, n next day-off is unknown.
...
The day after the big rains, I went to my fav, sea-weedy beach n took these shots. Alot has washed off the beach. The storm left a high-tide erosion mark all the way up to the parking lot! The tide was so low when I was there, the jette was all the way out of the water, n I walked around the end of it, which I haven't done before... That was my local field trip (affordable fun) for the week.
...
Now back to a few zzz's n a longer work-week... (right after I remember to edit on the title, duh!)

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Man, do I hate it when you are sick on your off days! I hope you feel better!

I hear we have one last snow coming this week. THEN we can say yeah spring.

I am dyin here...

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, Nothing worse than wasting all that free time cause you can't move! Except maybe more snow! I hope it isin't a shovel n plow-droppings storm. You really deserve a break! (Maybe the forcast will change...)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note to readers: These two spots of sand were only fifteen feet apart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home