Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008 ...
...
I woke up really late, n lucky for me the sun sets later now. My field trip for the day after mail pick-up was to the harbor pier before sunset, to see what digi-cam does there. Parking is free all winter. (I haven't paid, ever).
...
The air temp is running in the teen-F zone (-2C) n the windchill must've been 20 below zero F. The place was deserted, just as I like it. My fingers under leather gloves froze in just a couple of minutes. Still, I managed to click about 30 pics during my short, brisk stroll about the pier. You'll prob see a few more of these later.Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
...
For now, tho, my only ambition is to sit in the chair with hot water bottles, n keep Mischief warm. I've been neglectful of contacting other folks lately, due mostly to not feeling well. I need to make a point of getting up early for calls tomorrow, before work.
...
Not doing much outside of errands n work has me stumped for upbeat subjects to discuss. In the past month I've missed two baby birthday parties, n feel a need to make up for it, but Feb hasn't let me.
...Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
Due to trying to pay for a regular months expenses with one less paycheck, I won't have any funds leftover from rent for several more weeks. I assume the Electric heat bill will have me in knots until next summer again, too, with all this cold hanging in around here.
...
It's Leap Day, but I'm not getting anything extra this round... The frogs are still hibernating, n it's too cold to jump off the pier!
(One of those piling shadows is me).

6 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Love your self portrait.
hope you are feeling better and up to socializing soon.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, thanks! I haven't felt tall in awhile... Hope I'm up to driving n visiting this week-end, even tho it's snowing again now! Stuff I'm allergic too this week keeps finding me, making it worse instead of better.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Spring is almost here...

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, I'm excited we're expecting 45F tomorrow! Hope I wake up in time to get outside...

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

piling shadows wow you sure are a tall one some day we must go for a walk...Buddy

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Buddy! we don't go for enough walks lately-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home