Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hace Frio!

Seems I've been waiting eons for a snowy photo op to go with the season...
...
(Note: Be careful what you ask for) Day two of the local frigid air sans any fluff, in the 20's F. range, n I'm finally feelin cold! I mean the head, runny nose kind... Just in time for the day off- it figures, eh?
...
There're several areas at work where I get blasted with cold after the baking heat, after getting soaked, which didn't help at all fending off this currently circulating viral attack. Right after my lunch-break last night it hit me like a ton of brick-blows over the head. One co-worker from my production line went home sick last week n hasn't returned, (Maybe they quit). I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad for me, I've kept up the nutrients, vitamens, soup, n tea.
...
The tough part for me is the dizziness! It's tough getting the chores done in this condition. I did errand runs, n I was guilt-ridden with thoughts of infecting others, so I tried to stay away- (Another little kid, quick! Scoot five feet over)!
...
So yes, I need to go visit work on my day off to pick-up my check! (Note: This is how you effectively ruin the free feeling of a day off). They were missing so many people, they asked me to work, but I had to decline. That figures, 'cause I could use the OT pay they haven't been allowing lately. I know my contaminated nose isin't up to it, n really all the muscles are very sore. Again, I feel guilty knowing they're in a lurch. It may be my problem soon, when I get this unwanted sinus-guest to ah-choo check-out.
...
I've cancelled all my plans for the evening n hope this all blows over to allow some important chores to get accomplished tomorrow. My list is extensive!
...
At least I can still blog when I'm dizzy...
N it's finally freezing cold outside (cold in my head too) .

14 Comments:

At 3:03 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. It's definitely gotten more colder. I had some running around to do today and it was pretty nippy.

That sucks that you don't have electronic deposit so that way you don't have to go all the way into work to pickup a check.

Try getting some chicken broth into you to help you feel better.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Skye said...

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling like your usual self. The wind chill here is 34 today right now. I hope you feel better by tonight!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Thanks for the well-wishes- I just had more chix-soup.
It stinks there's not a better local job to get.

SkyBL2U, Thanks! Our wind-chills because of the North-East coastal winds is in the teens, you'd really be chattering the teeth here!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

It seems everyone I speak to or hear from has had their share of sickness with colds and the such. For me, I've been fortunate not to have caught anything, and am still going strong (even though my foot says different). I am sorry to hear it has hit you, and send my best wishes along that the tea I sent will do it's magic.... and that you will be feeling better in no time.

The weather here is still nice most of the time... we are getting up into the 70's (I hear) for tomorrow (Saturday), which means that I have some long overdue yardwork to attend to, as well as a power-wash to the house. I'm loving the fact that I don't have to turn on the heat so much.

Take care and cuddle up with a nice hot cup of tea!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, folks from work have been reporting pnuemonia n bronchitus. Thank God I quit smoking so I don't have those symptoms too, but I do wonder if this is the expected Influenza bug. I didn't get any shot-

I have more homemade garlic-chicken soup cooking now, n have been living off that tea! Thankyou! That stuff's great- (I may be drinking too much of it).

I wonder how I'll survive work tomorrow- no tea breaks there...

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

No teaw breaks at work? Isn't that against the law or something?

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, These guys get away with alot- i really need a new job soon!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

better hunker down.. our weather guy out here is showing normal temps this week for january.. night time cold being bitter!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Btw, you've always been dizzy. What's the difference now?

Neo ducks and runs

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger X said...

I have snow! Oh I am so happy! ::Jumps in the air and clicks heels:: We're getting it right now....if only it will stay on the ground and playing for snowremoval will not be for naught!

:)

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger X said...

And feel better hun! :)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

I hope you're feeling better. Mine lasted a little over a week. It was just a miserable little virus whose sole purpose is to mess with my serenity. It lost, but it put up a good fight.

Mike

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Woh, I hit the comment jackpot today...

MB, Tonight it's still in the 40's here! Foggy as a bog, too! Watch it on the ice-walking- can't see the toes, steady as she goes!

Neo, I'd like to blame the blocked ears n medication-
right after Snag squirts ya with her trusty water pistol!
(I'm a crack shot too- in practice from disciplining the felines...)

K, Have you started your snow-ball pile yet? You're so lucky to have normal weather!
I'm marginally better today- of course I've been going to work this way- no one to cover me.

Mike, I'm glad you're over it!
I'm still workin on mine, Day-6. On-top of the sinus infection from the past several months, I've been plain miserable n fighting to function. I wonder if this was the famous influenzea of the year- or just a distant bug-cousin.
I hope this is the worst of it for us this year!

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Two more days of work before time off again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home