Friday, July 21, 2006

Beryl Brushes By

After watching the news Yesterday I decided I'd hafta clean the storm drain n move stuff on the deck before leaving, cause any action would take place during early am work-hours. Out the window, fairly high swells were visible well after high tide, n lotsa folkz pulled small boats out of the harbor at the ramp.
...
Now Friday am (after work), the tropical storm warnings are down n Beryl has passed to 35 miles NorthEast of Nantucket Island. Off-shore seas to the East are up 7 to 11 feet, so mariners aren't havin much fun out there! Rip-current warnings are up for all of Buzzards Bay waters, n the entire Cape shoreline.
...
Winds didn't seem severe here at all, nothing looked tossed about, but there's been some rain.
Don't worry, readers - Everything Cape-side is okay!
...
Last week Fox 25 news at 10 on the 16th had a piece on 12-15 ft Basking Sharks sighted off Scusset beach in Sagamore. Video showed a young dude in the water right next to one! Well, the species isin't usually dangerous, but that's a pretty big fish to get next to!
Wonder what other sea-critters followed the tropical Gulf-stream up with the storm this week...
...
Well, I got pinched out of regular expected days off. This isin't one. Now I get to wait til Monday, n I'm only getting one day, because we're suddenly seven people short due to an INS check finding illegal aliens!
...
now it's time for my nap again...

7 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

glad to hear beryl was nothing, and i'm sorry to hear about work.. and well they should've known better.lol. makes me wonder about your old work if that nasty bitch is still there...

no loss these people need ot get legal at some point or get out. or do odd jobs for work or somthing.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I'm sure she is, they like nasty people!
ya work is wearing me out, 11 hours 2 days in a row, on the end of a 7 day stretch... all my parts are screamin! They better get some new people quick! "Those people" were doin the toughest jobs - now I'm stuck with doing it -

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

First of all... very glad to hear Beryl was just a blow-by and not full scale hurricane. I watched the path on the news, and thought of you immediately. (Kind of had my fingers crossed that the little shack we owned would bite the bullet on this one).... but only too glad no damage was done after all.

So sorry to hear the INS busted up the new little family of work. It certainly adds stress to the remaining workers to pick up the slack. It makes me wonder how they plan to handle the people they catch.....and I hope you are getting some well paid OT over this.

Take care, swwetie... I know exactly where you speak of on those screaming parts! Mine were yelling at the top of their lungs after a wedding I catered last night.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, the storm seemed quite mild, what I saw of it, anyhow... It's only the start of storm season, keep the fingers n toes crossed!
OT doesn't cover blister compensation... got many!
Hope yours have a legs-up session n recover soon, too!

Nik, Welcome! Ya, I'm happy it wasn't worse, I'm very close to ocean action...

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger X said...

I would never, EVER swim next to sharks. They could be toothless and blind but I would still stay far away. Glad to hear everything is ok for you weather-wise :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Sweet dreams!

Man, you guys just can't catch a break up there eh?

The season is just getting started. I'm hoping it passes without much damage.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OilF, Glad some one has the common sense not to play "Fish-Food"!
Even if they don't chew meat, with that size they could knock ya out cold or drag you under...

Neo, I could use some!
Steve King's actually been visiting mine lately...
Struggling to hurry n dig a buried baby's head out of the beach sand before he suffocates, n being in a house with an automated gone haywire-awry security system were this week's examples-
Keep prayin for minimal damage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home