Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Freedom Warrior

Happy Independence Day, USA!
...
Below follows a comment made to a challenge question given at Sugarloaf Mountain, to comment about why this country is great.
...
This place is great because I am not a subordinate slave because of my gender. I can believe what I will n talk about it without getting arrested. I'm free to drive across the country if I decide I wanna. I can get educated when ever I wanna.
Money though, we all gotta work for, unless your parents give it to you, which is also allowed. Where ever you're from, you can try again here. This place is so diverse of mixed cultures n blood, it's an interesting country to meet folks n learn about people n the rest of the planet.
...
Few people in few countries get to enjoy these benefits.
...
I'm so glad n greatful to be here in the U.S.
- n not in the middle East (for example- I could be locked in or stoned to death for my fiesty-ness).
...
I salute all the USA's Freedom Warriors
again, (as done earlier at JBI), by word or deed!
...
"Live Free or die!"
(Patrick Henry, state slogan of NH)

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I remember talking to someone during the 2000 election between Gore and Bush. While they were still trying to figure out the count in Florida, he happened to mention that only in America would it be possible that we could peacefully see ourselves through this. Many other countries would have been in the throes of coups, and political mish-mash. It still didn't turn out as I would have liked... but the country still held it together regardless.

Only in America.... hmmmmm, I seem to say that a lot lately on a whole arrangement of subjects. Regardless, I believe as you do, we still live in one of the best countries in the world.... and have a good cousin with our Canadian neighbors to the north.
Sure beats the heck out of living in the Middle East.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, very good point!
Yep, debate n comprimise are key here. In the mid-East we'd be veiled, never allowed in mixed company or into school, n never get outa the house...
Yep, way better than that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home