Friday, May 26, 2006

Early Party for Some

Oh joy! The loud people decided to arrive two days early n start having fun already, while the rest of us still need sleep n have to go to work!
Wish I could think of somewhere else to go (cheap) this week-end to get away from the intrusion into my space here. It'll be tough trying not to get on their case because they're some of the rudest neighbors I've ever dealt with, n they (actually their parents) own the place- so I gotta kinda kiss-up a bit...
...
I could tell they were here because as I pulled up around the corner I could see all the lights on, two of their trucks, then the huge boat taking up half the yard, on the lawn I've been mowing two months now...
Hey, at least they didn't tie the husky dog where he pees on my railing n jumps on me as I try to go up my outside steps- yet. (That'll prob happen on my way out tomorrow)
I can't let my kitties out on the deck at all when they're here either, because they bring their cat, who fights with mine.
...
Good thing I got all the stuff I needed done before they ascended yesterday! I split up some potted ferns n put some in the border garden out front. I hate being watched, so once the people're here downstairs I tend to ignore the garden area unless they go out.
...
I hope I get to use the new hose I just got to wash pollen off the car tomorrow so I can drive to work without a reaction. They usually hook it up to the trailer out there which is a teen-ager's bedroom.
It's an inconvenient thing for me they've decided to do, making the holiday week-end last almost a full week! Just hope I'm not incredibly grouchy by work-time on Tuesday, going without so much sleep... (They like to blast the oldies radio station 24/7).
...
Sorry I felt the need to vent again, good thing for this blog !

7 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

sorry to hear teh dim wit and his offspring are there.i'd be highly annoyed too. wait a minute, the little shits are there too? don't they have school to attend? what kind of parents are they to take teh kids out of school to do nothing but simply hang out at the beach. for heaven's sake give them something productive to do. maybe thy'll buthcer the lawn for you. i bet they still haven't gotten the gas mower sharpened... god i can't stand that family...

do you have to work monday or do you get it off?

i'd invite you over for the weekend but gas is still too expensive for the trip. we don't have many plans for extensive travelling either.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Jinsane said...

What a pain in the ass! Sorry your weekend has been ruined. There's nothing like rude neighbors.

I would like to stay positive and say that maybe this time it will be different, but something tells me you won't be so lucky! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, thanks for the thought of an invite, but ya guessed it, no one can afford 250 miles this week-end! TG for 3 days off, need to heal up. Maybe I'll cross the Dummy Bridge n visit with Pam a bit, if the fog n drizzle ever quit Tomorrow (Saturday).
The lawn has been nicely butchered while they woke me up before I needed too this am, n they cleaned the gutters while I was at work, so I need to see in daylight what deck plants they screwed up (going up there without even asking) n the seeds n new transplants just put in downstairs could be screwed up by raking up the mess they threw there now... There are no end to the head-aches...
No work Monday! No pay either-

Jen, They tend to ruin my entire summer n most of my free time, until they desert the place for winter again. They are unbelievable! I don't call them "the Loud People" for nothing! not just occasionally, but all day, every day!

Thanks for the commiseration, n sending positive thoughts!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

vent is good !

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, mind you, I'm not venting all I'm thinking here...

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Sorry I'm here so late to read.... Chris and I have been sharing my computer till my DSL line can be re-routed to his (which should be today: Sunday). Then he can do his on-line school work on his own computer.... YAY!

Anyhoo..... so sorry to hear the neighbors decided to come early. What an interruption to your solitude, and I can't blame you for wanting them to just go away.
Don't they even realize what pains they are?
And running the radios 24/7???? Excuse me, but aren't there such things as "noise laws" that won't allow them to do that?
Of course I realize you probably don't want to make waves about it, but that's just plain rude on their part! You have every right to be grouchy! Maybe you can get one of your next door neighbors to complain about the noise level... so it doesn't look like it's coming from you exclusively.

My fingers are crossed for you as well.... and I hope you do have a chance to get some rest before Tuesday arrives. I'll be thinking about you.....

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I just found your buried comment (how many did I have last under this post?) I remember sharing, n mostly I recall lots of waiting! Tough to do! DSL re-routing, haven't had to do yet, still on cheapo dail-up here...

Downstairs neighbor pains, mainly I'm just hoping (worried) I'll be able to work next week! They really don't care about other people, very selfish! They admit they realize they're the worst neighbors to have, not much I can do without beginning a war... I complain (n mumble alot!)
The other neighbors are almost as loud, but not as drunk...
Thanks, pretty exhausted (Sun nite)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home