Saturday, February 25, 2006

Short Month, Last Week

It was a short work-week, but a long wait to get online again. Just not having the option to boot-up the machine makes me feel so isolated! Finally I can type n not freeze half-way through every sentence, yay! Now if I can just hurry up n figure out how to do all the stuff again. Just got it hooked up again Fri. Now I'll have to spent some non-exisistant free-time reading the help topics, I guess.
Lost in Cyber-space...
...
Got up this am n out to pick-up the mail and do errands, n back home this afternoon just in time to watch the snow fly like crazy past the window- on a Saturday for the second time since we got winter back so suddenly this February. Well, at least I don't have to drive in it, (I sacrificed needed sleep). I just hope I won't hafta spend Sunday shoveling again. They predict about 1 to 3 inches, n it doesn't seem to be accumulating much yet, at least.
...
Had alot of early am time to see the Winter Olympics in Italy recently. Too bad it's over this week-end, I got used to having something to watch after work again. I liked watching the Aerials. Don't think I'd do that without a swimming pool to land in. I used to do the high-diving board way back...
Bet I could ski down the hill across the street in the snow now if I tried... (don't have skiis, tho-). Or I could just break the legs now n get the diff part over with... Ah, Think I'll just stay in this round, still very chilly out there!
...
I do kinda miss prime-time TV, like "LOST!". I'll have to get the season DVD when it comes out. I also seem to always catch Keifer in "24" n Scott Bakula in "The Enterprize" on week-ends. I've lost track of all other current TV series I'd been following.
...
I was a bit intrigued with the "Curling" game being brought to my attention. I'm surprized I'd never even heard of the game before. Seems kinda crazy with the brushing part. Reminds me of bowling on an ice-alley with a bullseye instead of pins n a rock (stone) instead of a ball. It also reminds me of crocket because of the knock-out of other players from goal-zone stategy. Apparently, "Curling" is hoping for a local membership boost from the coverage. I heard on the news there's only one chapter in our state (MA).
...
Must be pretty embarrassing when ya still suck starting out: in Slo-mo all the way down, "Gutter-stone!")
... Bet ya could really hurt people with those heavy things too!
...
I used to be able to bowl candlepins fairly well when I was young. Then I skipped 25 years of practice. I went back with the grown kids to try again, but all the skill I'd had was gone out the window somewhere! I couldn't remember how I used to execute the ball release to get the aim control I'd had before. Of course I've had so many burns, n sprain hand n wrist injuries (n cortisone shots) since the last time, it's a wonder I can get those nerves to respond to my brain at all anymore! I also can't snap my wrist around like I used to back then. My eyes aren't as sharp either... age catchin up to me.
...
N Curling looks way tougher... Still I'd like to try it sometime... but without an audience!
...
I think all the winter contestants should be applauded for bravery.

9 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I'm just realeived that you are back, and that the puter is finally working. Hooray!

I just took a look at the weather channel this morning (sunday) and they said the wind chill factor made it seem like -2 below up there. I'm going to quit complaining right now about how cold it is here for us, as it is nowhere near that cold. Everything is starting to bud and bloom... and I hope that we don't get that laast minute freeze to kill everything off. Daffodils are still faring well... so far.

The Today show has been broadcasting from Torino these past few weeks, and I've been able to catch a few interviews, etc. My favorite has been the food segments that they do everyday... not surprisingly, huh? Otherwise, I only watched when it came to the figure skating. It made me miss my skates of so long ago.

Stay warm!!!!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I regret I've missed all those food segments. They tend to make me pretty hungry anyhow!

Yep, incredibly "chillea" here at the moment. Wearing two shirts n pants n a heavy sweatshirt over with hot water bottles everywhere in my chair, n still cold! Time for more hot tea!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger X said...

Woo hoo for working computers!!!!

As for the Winter Olympics, I will miss them too. Canada kicked total butt this year. 24 medals!!! Woo hoo! :) I'm not a fan of curling, though. Although the yelling makes me giggle :)

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OiLfield, Ya- Congrats! I noticed Canada did very well this round, good for your country's PR n economy worldwide- BTW Curling makes me giggle at the whole thing!

The closing ceremony air-boarding looked very strange...

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i hear at the NH scottish games there will be curling if you want to see all the excitement live.. it's at loon mountain this year!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I missed all the hockey games, they were on during the day. :(

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I'm not up for the ride before the truck's fixed up a bit... we'll see, would be fun to go I'm sure! n Sometimes BMG plays at Loon.

Neo, Awww! sorry that's a bummer! The kid at work was askin about the US team, n all I knew is that the news said they lost to Russia, then Finland won over them.
It was over so fast, n they did replay lots of stuff daytime n primetime that was live at 3 am when I was watching.
So Hockey woulda been your fav...

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Oh yeah, I'd have loved to watch! So Forsberg beat team USA ha?

Good thing the flyers are back on this week, I was going through withdraw.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I guess the Canadians thought they were in the Olympic Hockey goal-bag too, but did poorly also! We're lucky the NHL is finally playing through a full season again. That strike went on foreva... enjoy your Philly-Flyers games!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home