Sunday, February 19, 2006

Icy Thoughts

Getting a bit nippy out there since yesterday, down to teens n single digits. I cranked the heat way up to sixty n know I'll regret it when I get the expoencially inflated electric-heat bill.
...
My machine's been magically letting me type for 2 days... wahhoo!
I finally got to comment on a few blogs...
My machine's got a make-over appointment this week, we'll see how that goes by next week-end.
...
Monday's a holiday here, "Presidents Day", when rich people go buy new wheels cause that's when the best deals are. I'm avoiding the MacAurthur Boulevarde Auto-mile this year, myself. In fact I'll try not to drive anywhere. My truck needs work n been putting close to 300 miles a week on it. Tryin to be careful with it lately until I have bux to get it in tip-top again. On the subject, I noticed the price of petrol-fuel in town deflated ten cents this week, finally, back down to 2.19 per US gallon.
I'm not getting a paid day off, but a 3-day is still a "yay!" - I've been so draggin these weeks.
...
Seems like prices on everything else has gone way up lately. My holiday Monday will be spent visiting with MB n just trying to catch -up on all that's fallen behind, a list that goes on n on. I'd really like to play music n paint pics, but need ton's more time n better mood to get me there. why I keep tryin to get it all done, I don't know. Most people just flop down n rest after awhile, but not me. I'm driven. I never get to relax guilt free. There's always a "I shoulda done that" dialogue going on in my head.
...
Hey, at least I got a post up for ya! That's good. Now if I only had time to finish all those other writing projects, but household chores are calling me...
Back to the blasted list - well, maybe time for a few tunes after I dust the guit, bango, n mando off, n time to open the fiddle case before the Sunday is done, it's been a month!
...
Have a good Prez-Day 3-day! If you're allowed...

7 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger X said...

I never got the whole President's Day thing. I guess because the thought of a Prime Minister's Day is too funny. I wouldn't be able to celebrate John A. MacDonald's birthday without laughing a little. Apparently, I draw the line when it comes to pro-Canada stuff, lol. Or rather, pro-Prime Minister Stuff.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OILfield, I guess it's really meant to commemorate George Washington n Abe Lincoln's birthdays (n maybe John Adams?) They used to be separate holidays when I was a kid, then were condensed to one day.
Most don't really care about their B-days anymore, we just want time off! Also, ya can't buy a car if ya gotta go to work... (usually).

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Ah that sucks about not getting paid for Prez's day.

Good luck with the truck.

Hope your puter gets better soon!

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jinsane said...

Miss You! Hope you're doing well!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Thankz for the well wishes. Puter is supposed to be better now (it's Fri), but I'm still figuring out how to do my stuff here...
Truck still needs lotsa help!

Jen, Sorry I've been away so long, like being in isolation without the machine!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I never saw this post, it only refreshed for me yesterday (the 24th).... and I thought all was ok with my computer. Just be to safe again, I ran Norton.

I am glad to hear that you at least had a day off... and hope you didn't spend it on the chores, but understand sometimes they scream to you from the corners to get them done. I've noticed that I am more neglectful of mine now that I blog. My son surprised me one day and cleaned the refrigerator because he thought it was too overstuffed, and I was getting lazy in my old age. Haha!

I hope that MB's visit was wonderful! I'm sure you both had a lot of catching up to do. Did you get my hug from her? Also... is the puter finally fixed to work full time now?

Take care, sweetie.... I've missed you all week!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen, yes I can type, got the hug, n will post again in a few minutes.
Strange about you not refreshing, I hate when that happens. Puter is behaving well, finally! I missed you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home