Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mountains of Raindrops

It's raining, it's pouring,
The o'river's roaring.
Water's over head, no river-bed,
And couldn't dry up in the mourning!

There's still three people missing in Alstead NH, finally made national news, we've been hearing it all week. The son was off to college out of town, and the rest of his family is now missing, likely buried in the mud, or carried far away by the rushing waters in the middle of the night. Seems there's no area spared for long of natural tragedy...

I'm packin it all up to be ready to head out early Sat. am. to near the White Mountain National Park area in northern New Hamphire. I'm an honorary family member of the people finally getting married, I used to babysit the now 30-something kid... n he was a wild one!
... I've got maps n gear, and the wipers are still working, although it's inconvenient to open the door to shut them off by removing the fuse... I may need them on the entire couple hundred miles! Don't know if I'll run into alot of extra traffic time due to closed roads, The rain's supposed to continue until the stubborn Nor-Easter winds off the ocean pattern is broken, may be awhile yet. The winds are wiping on spring tide fairly brisk today, and we even got away with about two hours of no rain this afternoon, then back to driving rain again.

I'm going to miss my bloggin budds, n tryin to read some, but really short on time, so forgive me for not commenting these days as I usually would. I'll be up to more online write-time after 17th hopefully.

Happy Galoshes, until I write again. It's raining...

3 Comments:

At 7:09 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

The Weather Channel reports that the rain is not letting up during the weekend, and even moving upward to the northern parts of New England. Philly and New York will start to dry out, but Boston is still in for more till Sunday.

Good luck, and have a safe trip.
We'll look forward to your posts when you arrive home safely.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Awwww.... I'm gonna miss my snaggle. :(

Have a fun and safe trip. We'll be here when you get back.

Peace my friend!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

wishing you well, snaggle.
we just got our FIRST winter storm and it was a doosie! all night long thunder and lightning, Hail this morning - two inches in my Rain guage bucket. WHoah nellie!

see you on the seventeenth or when you dry out -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home