Friday, September 30, 2005

Firefly

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I can not stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell 'em I ain't commin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,
'Cause you can't take the sky from me.

There's no place I can be,
Since I found Serenity.
You can't take the sky from me!

~ ^ ! ^ - ^ ~ ~ (spacey fiddle)
by Joss Whedon

The new "Serenity" film comes out today. I've been watchin the cds again (thanx MB, and Ty). Haven't seen a new film since "Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith." About a half-year ago... Don't know when I'll make it to this one. I read an interview article creator Whedon did during film production several months ago. He said there wouldn't be any horses in this one, because they weren't part of the storyline, just couldn't justify paying to rent them. The show is a scewed version of a high-tech western in space... frontiers, settlers, sheriffs, and the like. "...and the like" is a Malcolm Reynolds phrase.

So I'm wonderin if there's no horses, say, in the previous intro, are they gonna even use the old intro music, or come up with a longer perhaps unsung score? This is why I wanna be in film production... I wanna film or computer animate cattle in zero gravity... although I'm sure that's not in the film either, I just wanna see what it does... Me and my vivid imagination!
You can't take my ideas from me. Zong Da Yi.
Only true fans know that one...
Yeah, some time before I die I'm hopin' film production lets me do my flix. Not now, Not today, light years gone from this stagnant place!

Browncoats

11 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i wish we could go see the movie today.. the release just snuck up on us, and we made plane to play d&d tonight. you're awesome.. i was siked (is that how you spell it?) to see you had a whole entry dedicated to the show :)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I believe it's "psyched," as in psychology. But phonetic is OK in this medium... I'm not my mumma... Yeah, that tune sung by Sonny Rhodes runs through my head often. I was wonderin if the title would pull any fans to peek in...

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

apparantly it just pulled in some advertisers.. lol

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Dratz! n I tought I had somepin besides 3 spambz to flush out!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

your not that lucky i guess :) lol.. i was pretty amused and chuckled

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Well, glad some one was!
I'm still thinking of helpless cattle thrashing in 0-G and what happens with the meadow muffins...
The film isin't local yet, anyhow.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger jurassicpork said...

Everyone on my list is talking about Serenity. What's the big deal about it?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

It's a Sci-Fi Series Cult phenomenon with the 20 to 30 crowd. Chinese swearing, and wiseguys in space, a generationally updated fun thing to watch. "Serenity" the Firefly-class ship is named after the battle of Serenity valley, where Mal and Zoe lost their freedom as Browncoats fighting for the surrendered Indepencence cause.

Remember what Startrek did? This is a similar effect. One of the many nifty things I've learned from my dear MB who knew I'd like it.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Oh yeah, n although it was doing a huge following, they up n cancelled the series, why a movie was wanted.

What does a stampede without gravity look like...

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

and as a bonus the creators said that if this movie does well they'll make 2 more! but they won't bring the series back, which sucks and fox still won't give up the rights to it so they won't even syndicate it.. oh well

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I've never heard of it either.

Wow, looks like the spam monsters came calling for this post!

Man, it's monday already. Ouch.. Oh well back the grind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home