Thursday, January 05, 2017

Genesis


Image by SnaggleTooth 2017
Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

The Sun sets on another year. How do we begin again? How do we change things that we do so that our lives can be better than it was in the last year?

As I played with the current image I got confronted with these questions just as I invented an image that resembles replicating chromosomes by using previously used formula settings combinations. So very ironic - 

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017

Aye yi, I just typed "flops" instead of "folks"... Also ironic! Back to what I was doing.

Folks at work all went in early to work, just to get out before party time, so I could go home n sit alone watching uTube n tv. Very anti-climatic. I just wish I didn't have to skip a day of sleep for that.

I'm trying to recover now. Plus that bout with the flu. 

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017
The reflection on your life, n in my case on the past year's non-progress just makes me realize how difficult it can be to do what you want without compromising the few things you already have that you want.  

Image by SnaggleTooth 2017


I don't like my job, but to quit would be a disaster trying to replace a full-time position, as all businesses here are now cutting work forces to the bare bones. Minimum wage just went up another dollar, to $11 per hour. I'm feeling devalued. 


 We are entering the slowest season here, the next retail focal point being Valentines sales.

Here comes bone-chilling icy weather right on cue for January. Apparently the ocean temps locally are way up for this time of year (47 F) n that may help us out a bit, but shoveling looks to be in store for the week-end, as all the moisture coming up the coast will get pushed back into the cold air for ocean effect snow here. 

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2016I'm getting used to my new tablet, but am not comfortable trying to upload posts from home for several reasons. I can get around, read, n comment more tho! I also got a better camera to play with. Maybe stuff will be less fuzzy in the future.

Today's Photo is from the old cam last week. Sometimes The sunset marks an "X" in the sky right where you are meant to be... If you think it means something else, let me know!

5 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I wish you could find someplace to work that you love.

Lovely sunset!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I think the X in the sky is giving you a big smooch. And a hug. Now... give yourself a HUGE hug from me. I mean it!!!

xoxooxoxoxo

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Because I want to live here, a better year round position is tough to get. Especially close to home. How I ended up doing this stuff. Perhaps better jobs are around the Donald corner. Thanks

Jannie!!! Happy new year! The sky giving me a kiss! What a concept I hadn't thought of ! Thanks

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love the photograph. Love the altered photos. They remind me of the dome in my former church. I wish you did not not have to work for a living but I had wished the same for myself. Just think of it as a means to an end. You have to do it for money to support your hobbies which are your real life.

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks I do miss all those sunset pic opportunities. Work is good for exercise I need at least. Must Wish I could do art for work. INsteadm of RUnning out of energy for it. Art should be first, not last. I need more space forvit now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home