Thursday, December 29, 2016

Gingerbread Men

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

Yep, I'm still amazed someone got me a little Android tablet for a present. And, it works online AT the house! Apparently it's a starter model, n that's cool because it is still way smarter than me. I hate how the buttons change all the time, n on the first game I downloaded, I can't yet figure out how to get the guy to jump the first barrier. Duh!

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

I did figure out how to comment on blogs finally, n have watched many cute cat videos on Utube. Luckily the battery runs out after a few hours because it's been a big time waster while I don't know what I'm doing yet.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

Around Xmas time I may have caught a bug going around, n got very lethargic not being very hungry  n just wanting to sleep n sleep, which I didn't get to until my Day Off, because of course I still went to work.

But getting up n discovering I was lying ontop of my now flat reading glasses didn't dissuade me from trying to get my normal errands done. 

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016
As Usual I hit the Dollar Tree first. On the way out with bags a little, older, lady offered to help me out opening the door, n kind of bumped into me a little.

Then I walked down to the supermarket. I made good time, found bargains, n found a short line. When looking for the store card for savings, I discovered my wallet I'd had at the previous store was missing. I searched n searched all pockets repeatedly n had to get out of line when I couldn't find it in time.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016
 Then I went to the Customer Service desk n explained What was happening. I freaked out a bit thinking the little, old lady may have pick-pocketed me.

I took everything out of my pockets, searched thru all the previous, tied shut bags, with no luck. The guy who works there is a really nice guy who has seen me many times. So he let me leave my market items by the desk n go back to the Dollar Tree to retrace my steps n come back after. He also said he would make calls if needed for me, because yep, I'd forgotten to bring my cell phone...

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

After a fast walk down there again, I described what I'd lost, n the manager picked it up off a crowded counter by a register. Intact - Yay! I hugged him. It had fallen instead of going into my pocket- The money was still there! I told him I owed him a very big favor.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

I was so relieved the little old lady was innocent, n not to have to file a report or give a description.  I trium-
phantly went back to the market, got back in line n paid for my stuff. What a relief!


Plus, my faith in the good of human beings was restored. When I'd thought I'd been robbed it was the worst feeling. Everyone there was very kind when I needed some one to listen n help. I learned that I shouldn't leave cash plus the bankcard in the same thing, either.


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016
 Now I'm thinking I need a retractable wire on a wallet would be a good gift for me. After all that wasted time I'm back on track n things are ok. Next time I'm on cold pills tho, I should skip the errands!

The original altered cut of the above square ones.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2016

Which Gingerbread guy did I do?




teeny hint:
The one saying; 
"You can't catch me, I'm the GingerBread Man!"

9 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Love those gingerbread men. They are the best I have seen. How did they taste? So sorry about the wallet. That is a big scare and probably aged you a bit. Glad it was a happy ending for all.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I could not be happier than to know you got a tablet. Did you do those altered photos on your tablet? WOW! Phenomenal. Also happy you found your money and that the little old lady was innocent. I wonder if people running into me out shopping would call me a little old lady.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

How cool you got a tablet! So does that mean you won't need to go to the library for the internet anymore? So glad you found your wallet again, that must have been very worrying. Happy New Year to you!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger cube said...

I'm glad your faith in humanity was restored. I would hate the idea of that woman stealing your wallet especially at this time of the year. It's nice to know good people do still exist.

You got a tablet and I got a laptop. Yay for us! I haven't used my old laptop in years so I'm having to get used to the feel of the keyboard. It'll take time, but I bet we'll be pros in no time.

BTW I spotted the gingerbread man by his splayed out legs.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

and a Happy New Year to you also

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Happy New Year, Snaggle! I'm so delighted that someone gifted you with a tablet - no more library computer, right?

That would have been like an episode from The Andy Griffith Show - when sweet old ladies turned out to be criminals. The perfect cover. :) So glad you found your wallet. I can just imagine your panic.

Love the running man Gingerbread man - that's it, right?

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tablor, I didn't get to eat them, was stuffed on dinner. The kids thought they were good. Benedryl can make thoughts difficult sometimes n I hate being rushed so I'm distracted. Won'let it happen again.

Gran Annie, me too. Tho a lot to learn. No they were on the old PC n up loaded at the Xmas party from memory stick. I am pretty short myself, but she was shorter! Maybe 4' 10". Thanks

LLcoolJ, I still need to figure this thing out. Not much time to learn. Hey at least I can do this! Yep, the wallet ordeal did a number on me. A nightmare come true. Hope it gets less stressful this year! Thanks

Cube, wow good for you. I'm going crazy with one letter at a time. My fingers are too clumbsy to type this small!
Have to use a stylus. Yep there are good people here. Yep that's him!


Ellis, hope your holidays went alright n weren't too boring! Thanks

Lynn, thank you! Happy new year for us all.
I won't get so behind on reading too.yay! Library may have better security n speed until I figure this out better. I am wasting too much time on cat videos! That's where IRemember it from! Thanks! Yes you got it right!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

On the upside, you got a tablet, which is a great compliment to your computer. My mother loves her tablet and would be devastated if she wasn't able to use it.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., how easy it just was to look up an old tune n lyrics I'd forgotten about until I saw the singer on TV a minute ago. Instant answers! Access is everything, n I can see how she is addicted to it. Luckily I have limited time, because I don't want to spend a lot of time looking at this device as I see others doing. Also I haven,t been mired in Facebook updates yet as non member... But with a lot of free time, this would be a life saver. 1.5 years without internet is a long time I just went thru. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home