Thursday, October 13, 2016

Busy not Getting much

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Nights n mornings have been pretty cool here this week. I covered up flowers n the herbs to protect them for a couple nights until I had time this week. Most of the Thyme is picked n hanging up to dry or in a glass of water with the Lavender. I'll miss the weekly fresh picks. But at least I won't have to pay $8 for a tiny container at the market.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

I've been busy as a bee trying to get nectar out of teeny-tiny daisy s...

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Actually there are about ten small bumble-like  bees in the original pic, but they were moving so fast only a few are visible, n only one was still enough to be usable. So I used her cropped close-up to produce the altered pics here.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 There were other bunches of the Shastas (also known as Fleabane), all around the road-side, but bees were only concentrated around this one bush, where the sunflowers had been weeks ealier. It seemed quite strange to me. Maybe they had directions from several weeks ago...

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 Silly move watching "Hannibal Rising" directed by Peter Weber from the Library-  It was good, but I guessed the surprise news at the ending - well before the middle of the story. Yep, lots of cringing at squeamish, bloody scenes. But if you liked "Silence of the Lambs" it did a great job of explaining why he got that way. Directing n acting were first class.
I always want a horror film around Halloween time. Now it's out of the way


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 . At the other extreme, I also watched "Five People You Meet in Heaven" with Jon Voight, which had an interesting concept. Yep, it would be nice if we all get to learn why our seemingly unimportant lives affect others outcomes.


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 I hope blogging counts that way too- I know without it I'd have so many fewer interactions n positive thoughts. I wouldn't be doing these pics on a regular basis, without feeling rewarded that someone else gets to see them. I appreciate all I have met here, n love reading all you have to say n create. Time is so limiting this year for me.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 I want to get more done with my life, (like the character in the film), but am having a tough enough time just getting to work, store, n home these days. Getting older takes a toll I hadn't anticipated.  Exhausting physical n mental work isin't helping much. The money does tho... Time just seems more precious than the money.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016
 The light is fading earlier, n daylight savings time soon will put me in the dark when I need daylight motivation. But it is a nice change to want to sleep in the cool temps. I just closed the window two days ago, n I'll be firing up the crockpot to help keep me warm tonight. Shying away from the little electric heater until I have to- My sinuses are already too dry.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

I'm more motivated to walk than clean my room, but got to do it, before the dark takes over, n I have to be quiet all night.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016


Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016


Off I go to find that big flower score the map said would be right here... Bzzzzz

7 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

My yard is also filled with tiny little bees. So small they look like tiny flies or mosquitoes. I am so glad my asters are providing these creatures food before the winter.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Not seen a lot of bees but horse fly's have taking a supper liking to my back and arms.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It's almost impossible to take photos of bees I think, they move too fast. Actually I don't have much success with humming birds either.

I love all your altered images, and yes blogging is a nice way to let other people see your work I agree. Are you on pinterest? I think you'd enjoy it there.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I have the property for it and came so close to raising bees. However after talking to my friend who does this, I knew I did not have the stamina for it. We desperately need more people to help revive the dwindling bee population.

You may hate depending on the library for your computer needs but isn't it wonderful that we have public libraries? I download audio books and kindle books for free. Plus can rent DVDs and movies there for free.

You know I agree with LL Cool Joe about your altered photos. You should put them on Pinterest if you don't already.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love the library, too. Just the smell of it when you walk in - I've always loved it there.

And I wish I could grow lavender - it just doesn't do well in the soil / light around me. I do love the smell of it.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Also - forgot to say thank you for worrying about my sister's place in North Carolina - fortunately, it's far from the coast, in extreme western NC. She actually went up there on that Saturday with some other friends from Florida.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Ity's good flowers made it thru the weather this year- so resilient! n the bees too-

Ellis, Yikes! I'm allergic to those bites... Hard to swat them too- they get right up n come back. I'd have to take 2 benedryl pill. I did read your stuff n got cut off last week, btw -

LLcoolJ, Thanks. Blogging does help me I think- If I had Time at home P-Interest would be easier to signup for- I'll look into it soon. Barely time for posting this week!

Gran Annie, I do TG for this place! n I can get here- n dvds are free- will think about it- no time again!

Lynn, Lavender needs bright sun n plant food, tough to grow, n get blossoms I think.

Lynn, yay her place is ok! Glad for your family

 

Post a Comment

<< Home