Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Play S'more

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015

Yay- two Days Off in a row this week! Can't wait to finally go grocery shopping for the first time since the week before Xmas. All basic home supplies are very low.

It'll be a cold n fast dash for errands. I'll need layers n layers to keep warm.  I've gotten very spoiled with mild temperatures up until this week's arctic chill settled in. I don't want to pay for heat again, but I long to feel toasty n it's always cool in here. Guess we're lucky it's still above Zero F ...

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015



I mean, I'm wearing 2 layers to bed! Time for a nap before working "My Friday-"

These altered pics came out pretty interesting n more detailed, I think.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015

Bet "Mallow" plays mellow tunes... This little ornament I got for a gift is just so cute- He'll be on the table awhile;

Well I seem to be having better luck with small, still, Macro pic subjects.

Did you get any interesting new ornaments this year?

10 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

When you reach my age no one gives your ornaments anymore. I also have not desire to add to my hoard and have given a bunch away to each of the kids. I did not even get my grandkids ornaments this year...next year for sure! Keep warm, we are finally getting the cold down here this week and while I have gas heat, my electric is climbing having to keep lights on in such a dark house.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, I put the ornaments around the house, because I have no tree to put them on. I try to get decs of different types for everyone each year. Somewhere packed in a box I have glass-blown bulbs from my grandmother. Some become priceless treasure! Don't feel bad- ALL mine is elec- Don't want to read the bill...

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I had not decorated for Christmas, so my sister brought me our Mother's favorite Christmas Angel, a new Christmas stocking and a wonderful pine scented candle from Bath and Body. Then my daughter gave me a handmade Christmas tree made of feathers. Unbelievable!! It all gave me a lovely Christmas corner in my home.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I'm glad your folks came up with easy n memorable decs for your halls!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I bought a new ornament - a hand blown glass bagpipe. My coworker does beautiful blown glass, so I bought that from her. And then she gave us all a glass snowflake ornament she made

That marshmallow ornament is adorable!!! I would just keep that out all the time. I'm so glad someone gave you that.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, That sounds like a very nifty n delicate piece. It's amazing the power of small, cute, n pretty things to lift mood so easily. I like Mallow's unique concept.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

The only new Christmas ornament I got was the large Owl I showed on my blog. I often end up with a few extra bits for the tree if there's anything left over that I didn't use for decorations on parcels.

I hope you keep warm there, it sounds and looks so cold!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, That owl was pretty large, but you are a night owl. I've been giving away butterfly ornaments in recent years. Oh yeah, I got some violins too. Yep, I've been freezing my butt off here! Ice n snow today again.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ahhh, what a CUTE little ornament! Yes, we get a new ornament each year, actually lucked out on Christmas Eve day and got a set of 3 little "socks" for 60% off. Not bad!

I've been layering at bedtime too, but it's not quite as chilly here as where you are.

Hungering for marshmallows now... :)

xooxox

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I decided Mallow sings "You fill up my BBQ" just like John Denver... I got Dollar tree violins, myself. Yep, sometimes I wear a hat! Hoping the blizzard heat stays on today! I hate a marshmellow Peep in your honor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home