Thursday, March 07, 2013

Of Course

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2013


Yet another long duration, windy, flooding, winter storm is accosting my area of the country. I pray this round the power stays up enough for heat, n not ruining the food. Meanwhile I may need a tether line for errand running thru the plaza- The wind gales are strong n the storm surge waves are slapping the wall by the nearby ramp...


Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2013

On a February vacation week Day Off, a couple weeks ago, I took a field trip to a horse farm with some folks. It was freezing n a bit icy out, but I was charmed by the company of the Equines, who were no doubt bored with winter also.

Image by SnaggleTooth March 2013
 I've always preferred horses. Having some is a dream I gave up when I had Little Ones decades ago. Horses meant the world to me when I was young. I used to read all the horse story books, collect Breyer model horses, n go riding at every opportunity before parental duties became priority.

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 2013

After a morning of spending time with all kinds of horses again, I revisited my old dreams. I'd really like to have the money n ability to have a farm like that someday, right after I hit the lottery jackpot. I'd have to become a day person again to do that tho.

I'm still wondering how I'll get to work on time for "Spring Ahead" on the clock time here this week-end...

11 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Oh I hope this winter blast will be easier on you. Glad you have a dream of horses and hope it will come true for you someday. I would be happy to watch you enjoy...from a distance:)

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Neo said...

I'm #2! I'm #2!

Nice horse shots. Been drying to try and finally ride one for awhile. (never done it before)

I know someone who said they'd take me riding when the weather changes back to normal.


 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, The wind is nasty out there, but the snow isin't too bad yet. the water is pretty high, but we're used to that here. Thanks

Neo, 2? how fast of you-
It's somewhat like driving a car- but more difficult because you need the horse's co-operation. Hope you get to!

 
At 4:30 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You sound like my 14 year old. She adores horses, and rides at her riding school as often as she can. She stays there all day and when I pick her up she stinks and is filthy, but she loves it!!

I hope your dream comes true.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

I hope you don't get anymore storms that take out your power and heat. I think you've had enough of that.
I had to smile when I saw the horse pictures and read about how much you like them. both of my sisters feel that way about them but I am sort of scared of them. when I was small I saw a little boy get trampled and I never forgot it. I do think they are beautiful and occassionally I post one on my facebook or blog but I don't have a deep love for them like you. I hope someday you can have one of your own to love and care for.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger TALON said...

I swear I already feel the affects of the time change and it's not due to happen for a few more hours.

I hope the winter eases for you and you start seeing genuine signs of spring soon, Snaggle!

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I hope she doesn't have to side-line horses as she ages like I did. Me too- thanks

Mountain Mama, Well, I had to shovel again, but at least the power was only out a few hours instead of days... I've had really good luck with horses, but I'm very careful, aware, n always respect their power. I've been drawing n painting them since I was small. Thanks

Talon, I'll be feeling that lost hour at work today, I bet! The snow seems to be melting faster at least. Rumors of 50F for the middle of the week have started... thanks

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Did you make it on time today??? :) I do not enjoy Spring Forward.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I like spring, pf course- but have just been too tired to keep giving up sleep hours. I was on time, n over-tired. I made sure co-workers were awake too!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Glad I did not miss this post. Those horsies are so wonderful to behold.

And now the time change is past and I'm still sleepy!! Are you? Wait don't answer. I know you are often sleepy.

Sweet dreams.

oxoxo

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, The horses n I are both cozy in our blankies- I've been on benedryl all week, passing out while blogging... zzz time again, you know it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home