Friday, November 16, 2012

R & R

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2012


It's been a very long wait... I was owed a work vaca week back in June, but because Summer's the busy season it isin't allowed until Autumn. Then only one person can be out at a time, so everyone fights over available weeks. Five months later, I finally catch my sorely needed break.

I have a chore filled week Off planned. I need to find a tall ladder to fix some vinyl siding hanging off since the Nor'Easter last week. The worst thing about that is the odd, creaky noise as it sways in the wind all the time. Can't wait to tack it back up. (quiet). The leaves need to get cleaned out of gutters before they ice over. Still haven't raked the whole yard n road out front either. Then there's digging out the winter attire n washing it all so I can wear it, sans dust mites, including coats.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2012
 It's getting pretty chilly out there finally too. Luckily the ocean air is keeping this spot on the warmer side of frost so far. My petunias are still alive out there, n some of the tiny beets I didn't pick yet too. May pick some greens to eat n have a few blooms on the table yet. A little tree has again volunteered to get donned with lights, n I'll dig those out soon.

Thankfully, no traveling for me the upcoming holiday week is planned. I'm hoping the weather stays dry most of the week, so I can try riding the fixed bicycle around n get used to it before winter snow piles up. Finally got air in the tires today, but it was dark already when I got home. Hope the tires stay inflated for awhile.  

With any luck I'll get to tons of put off stuff around here, n have a quiet enough week to get to several crafty art projects that were left waiting for time so long ago. First of course I need some relaxation. I went to Fave beach n got most of the store errands done the first day.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2012
So aside from massive chore catch-up n home organizing (or searching for long ago buried items), hopefully there won't be alot of side-tracking taking place. 

I'll also be attempting a schedule adjustment to sleep n awaken earlier to fit in more daylight. This should be the least stressful week schedule I've had since a year ago last September. On the docket next, movies, reading, snacking, n naps in any order...

11 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

If anyone deserves a vacation it is you. Glad you will be getting some R&R and hope you will actually have some R&R and not work it all away. How did you manage to get Thanksgiving week? Sweet! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I hope you get an extra day since Thanksgiving would have been a day off anyway (hopefully.) It sounds like a lovely week - especially the part about napping, reading and movie watching!

Those pics are beautiful - what are those dark objects?

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

yay!! I hope it goes well! Even a stay-cation is better than working in a hellhole

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks, I needed it so much sooner- They changed my Days Off so one lands on Thursday. I was about to have Xmas n New Years off first time in many years- now I have to work Tuesdays... got me PO'd. Thanksgiving is a small comfort. Don't get to visit the family this year.

Lynn, we work every holiday n week-end n get no OT pay for it. No extra days off like everyone else. At least I can go to BBMs down the hill for an early thanks meal before she has to go to work.
It was past sundown when I got there, so those are back-lit rocks at way-low tide.

MB, So far so good. Too much laundry tho! Any where is better than there. De-stressing is a feat of magic here- BIG YAY!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Sailboat!!!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, usually you can see barges n sailboats near the channel n end of the Cape Cod Canal, but the tide was super low, n it was too dark to see that far-

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

And now you are 2 more days into your vaca. Stay-cay, sweet. No traveling for us this week either, whoohoo. Just to grocery stores, gymnastics and maybe to get the last of the 2 cats for neutering, depending on when Emancipet schedules me in. Hopefully it'll be a weekday morning, not a Sat. but we'll take what comes.

Nice you still have petunias! Nice long autumn. Quite a major blip with Sandy, tho. Be careful up on that ladder.

Nice you can feast with BBM. Then feast on left-overs again later.

Hope your week gets you rested, rejeuvenated, and that the care-free feeling carries on when you're back at work.

xoxoxo

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yep, except for doing laundry today I'm taking it easy for once. No errands until next week sometime. Only a few days left to goof off. Don't worry- I used to paint houses n I'm a good climber. Work is never stress-free. Don't wanna think about that at all now...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Sailboat!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

Neo- unless you have a sailboat, I don't think she will be able to head out to sea..

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, How confusing- I thought I already answered "Sailboat!" k... This is a kinda signal I know-

MB, I was just reading "Pirate Hunter" biography about Captain Kidd who sailed "The Adventure Galley" so I actually feel like I've been sailing... oop, time to careen the ship again... (get the barnacles off) Found a Drag-Plank driftwood at the beach yesterday too. (Sailing stuff)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home