Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stormy Sandy

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012


The next few days we're expecting a large n long duration wind n rain storm throughout the NorthEast USA states. It began as Sandy the Hurricane, then downgraded n will mix with the colder elements plus get bullied by two other storms on both sides to evolve into a very large, strong system.

Winds will have a long fetch over the ocean water before the sustained winds expected above 50 mph to 70 mph travel inland all the way from the coast to Vermont n New York State n on. 


Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
 The storm surge is occurring during Full Moon phase, n during High Tide the storm surge is expected to be between 4 to 8 feet above normal. The coastal bays are expecting flooding. The line at the boat ramp here has been long n constant the past two days. Everyone wants their boat out before expensive damage occurs.

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
 I'm paranoid about losing power for a long time again, like the 5 days that happened after Hurricane Irene a year ago. I had bills to pay by this upcoming week, n instead of waiting til the last day as usual, I decided go get online for it early today.


That's also why on last Day Off I spent alot of time clearing plants on the deck n put most next to the house. Also I walked around the block looking for pretty folliage, because usually storms will strip it all down in a hurry. So here's a couple of colorful sights near my house this week- Pre storm.



Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

Hopefully the after storm pics aren't too exciting this round... Also Of course I have to work n travel there in it, if the tree stuff n water lets me.

My internet connection always hates rain, n the storm will last from Sunday to Tuesday probably. So anyway- If I'm not online for a few days, that would be why. Hopefully I'll be updating n filling you in when I can.

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Nice that you got some leaf shots. I see the best shots in places where it's not convenient to get out of the car. :) Hope you don't get too much rain!

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, so far not too bad. Just wish I didn't have to try to get to work in the worse of it expected tomorrow. thanks!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I see that is a really bad storm now - I hope you are safe, Snaggle!

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'm OK, will post very soon, Finally back online.
Thanks for those extra prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home