Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tree Dressing

Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012


Pretty vines greeted me outside the kitchen window today. So I opened it for a few pics in the dappled sunlight.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012


The Huckleberry tree seems to be proudly flaunting a red boa as it's leaves are just slightly losing their green hue.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

These vines are the first color turners, n the brightest colors around the my area this week.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

Down by the D-bridge the deep crimson highlights itself in the middle of still lush greenery by the roadside. More tree color won't take long now.

We had a frost last Saturday night. Typically after that it takes ten days for trees to get their prettiest. Last year, Hurricane Irene ruined the foliage season here. All the leaves fell brown without the colors.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

The Maple trees are turning a bit already I noticed at work too. Here's Maplebeard's branches from the same open window.

I've been feeling a bit run down n have a little cold getting passed around at work this week. At any rate, I really need more rest so not rushing anywhere this week's Days Off-


Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

I didn't make it outside for errands until near sundown. Clouds hid most of the Sun so far to the right already, n tide was super low, but still pretty to behold, n clicked to share.
The trees were more brightly dressed than the sky today...

10 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Both trees and sky are so beautiful. Take care of yourself, my friend. I hope you get some rest.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, been along time since I relaxed a day. I don't think the pics are half as pretty as seen by my eyes. Thanks

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You really do live in a beautiful area.

Yeah as Lynn said take good care of yourself and try to take it easy and have a rest. You sound like you need it.

Lovely photos as always.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I'm fortunate to have trees out the window instead of 3 close neighbors as almost everyone else here has in this cottage crowded village. I've been so overtired since March- Thanks.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Some very nice views to have that helps relax those very tired bones.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, yep they are so pretty I want to take more pics of them! Alot of leaves are down now in these few days. I could use a few days of sleep too.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Looking out onto trees instead of houses or a road is always a blessing.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, yes it is! One of these days I'll post pics of the crowded cottages here- I am blessed with one of the largest yards n the only uncrowded spot.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Glad to hear you got to relax a little, Snag.

And great color. I always enjoy seeing Maplebeard changing.

Mom & Dad have had some frost too, but a lot more than you I imagine, quite a bit further North.

xoxox

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks for the visit. After weeks of running myself under, I have to get some sleep. Easier in the cool air. I suppose your Mom n Dad are frozen most days about now up in The Bay de Chaleur. I hope we don't get that "Sandy" storm too badly next week out east here-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home