Friday, September 28, 2012

Miss

Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012

I've missed so much sleep this week, my posting is slacking off a bit. I worked until later Days Off, plus had other stuff going on, including an appointment for a guy to do work on the house.

I spent alot of time moving things, n getting them out of the way. Including Mischief. Then while he was working all day, I had to stay awake somehow, so I puttered about doing things like winterizing, scraping, n spackling wall holes in the downstairs apartment. My reward should be better insulation from the cold n elec heat bill. Three combination windows are broken, so I put  plastic over them for another layer.I finally got the tensioner off the bike gears, n got the tire off to replace the air tube.

Today was pleasant, window-openning weather to be awake for, at least.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2012
Now that's finally over for awhile, I have to dig my dishes, clothes n blankets back out. Still so much left to do in here. The whole place needs painting, n there's plenty more scraping n spackling for a few more days, but need to get ready for work again already.

At the store this week I found my fave stew beef shank on sale for about $1.50 so I had something to do with all those stubby carrots I grew out on the deck in the slow cooker. I added potatoes, peas, onion, n a cut tomato too. It was all ready by the time I got back from visiting down the hill a few hours, One of my fave meals, plus enough for another day.

Now the overnight is getting cold, n I'm going to catch-up on some missed zzz's...

6 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Sounds like a yummy meal and a delightful evening. Frame that first picture! Quite unique.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, so good n such cheap beef- that's tender to eat that way. Yep, you guessed it, I liked that altered pic alot, not so much the stubby carrot original. Wish I could do macro close-ups. Someday...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

sounds like that even though you had to deal with a worker in the place, it was a decent day! Glad you were able to get he tire off the bike so it can get fixed! (just in time for winter lol)

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, It was a good day, just really tiring. N I didn't get the bike tire all done because the work guy finished up just before I was going to put the new tube in. Gotta be careful not to puncture it, then put the wheel back on before re-inflating to avoid disassembling the rear brakes. The chain-tensioner framing was holding the wheel on, was a little turned in it's way. Another day when there's light to work again I'll get back to it.

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like how Mischief was helping you with the stew. Cute.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks- would you believe she begs for n eats cooked carrots? Broccoli n peas too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home