Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Sunny Side

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2012

Sometimes it gets more difficult staying positive.
Winter does that to me, when memories have alot of space to dwell in the cold, while funds n activities slow way down.

I've got alot I could do in my free days this week, but have lost ambition due to being so over-tired. If you consider laundry, errands, n food prep for the upcoming week, I've done quite alot. So much that my feet n arms are sore. But I just hate when I clean the accoustic guitar so I can play it (dust allergy), tune it up, n then don't feel like playing anything... like happened tonight-

The news has seemed extra depressing this week, after the Patriots blew the big game. Over a hundred dolphins have been stranded on the Cape, n more again today. Hard to see such wonderful, smart creatures get so disorientated n dieing. Snow has invaded the European continent, where it hasn't in decades, cutting off towns, stranding folks, n killing hundreds of Homeless by over-exposure. Then a crazy guy who'd lost custody, axed his visiting kids. n blew them all up in his house, after leaving "I can't do this anymore" messages all over. It's difficult to keep hearing the 911 calls on the news.

Usually, I don't hesitate to express my feelings that "I don't want to do some things anymore," but I don't confuse it with "not being able to." Somewhere along the line, being tough has been drilled into my core, so I tend to put up with alot more crap than I should before reacting. Then when I get to the boiling point, I tend to implode instead of explode, taking it out on myself by thwarting my own progress, instead of hurting anyone. At least I recognize my tendency n behavior. I've just felt so hopeless to get out of this current rut tho-

I realized my tax return bux this year won't stretch far enough to cover catching up on put-off expenses n repairs. I can't get ahead this way, prices are too high. This week I'm also remembering my Dad's 21st death anniversary, weighing down my mood. He was a really big sports fan, n the Pats loss seems to've magically added more onto that.

Some folks use their blogs to vent n rant about stuff that gets their dander up. Even the news this week had a report that expressing feelings online is common, which is old news to bloggers... On ESR I'm only allowing a small slice of that to show. I'll just say I need more positive energy, so my posting has slowed down a bit recently.

Since the holidays I've slowed way down with the pic taking, knowing the cam memory card was running out soon. I got to the pier at sunset again yesterday, n it was pretty. I got a few pics before the card finally ran out. Now I 'll have to wait 2 weeks for one in the mail. The price went way up on those too.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 8 2012
We're expecting a little snow n more frozen air soon, followed with more milder stuff again. New England has been so weather lucky this season so far, while odd places have had snow for the first time in 50 years...

Perhaps the Earth's axis has shifted... or so it seems-

10 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Sometimes it's really tough when the various components of life come crashing down at the same time.

And sometimes, it makes more sense to just snuggle under the covers and spend the day contemplating life in our dream world.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yes, winter can add insult to injury. I hope you will spend your days off resting and as G. says, dreaming.

Getting feelings out is good, I think.

And probably best watching animal shows or Funniest Videos than the news these days, if you can.

Spring's just around a corner or two! And has nice things in store for you.

xoxo

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Winter definitely lends itself to the blues whether or not there is a ton of snow to deal with. I confess I don't watch news much. It's super depressing and so over-loaded with doom and gloom and horror that it's hard to not have it stick around long after you've turned it off, but even if you don't watch it, you hear about it regardless.

I hope you do pick up the guitar - especially after all the work getting it ready) and have some time to just relax into the music again, Snaggle.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Yep, that's what's happening- Some days it doesn't pay to gett out of bed... Thanks

JanF, I get depressed with the sunlight decrease, plus I'm depressed about all that other stuff on top. Where is the bowl of cherries? When you work nights nothing is on! I only get network channels. This week I watched some LOR n the old "Alien" movie on dvd. I can't wait until this week is over- n 2 weeks, cus I want my Cam again!

Talon, I'm lost without my VHS collection to watch! I need to pay attention to the weather report to get to work, n don't usually get this down with the accompanying stories. Good point- I hear it all at work n like to have facts instead of hearsay n opinion about it- I seem to hear from alot of mis-informed folks lately.
I guess I don't feel relaxed enough lately- n can't think of a tune I want to hear myself do! My brain is too crowded. Thanks maybe next week...

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I'm sorry you are feeling down, I do think it's the time of the year, and there is a great deal of depressing news around at the moment. I do follow the news and read the papers because I don't think I'm that well read, and I feel I need to learn a bit about what's going on in the world, but most of it is very depressing, I agree.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I know you relate to how news can bring you down- I also like to be informed, but the constant repetition of the horrific parts is way overdone! I've been extra depressed all week. Thanks

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Winter blues my friend. We all catch em' some of us get hit harder than others with that.

The term is hurry up and wait.

And yes, the news all over recently has been horrible. Hard to keep sane in that kind of information storm.

Hang in there!

(btw, you might see if your camera has internal storage as opposed to the card - most people just put in the memory card and forget there might be 512 mb internally to store your pictures - worth checking your owners manual - and if need be you could just copy the images off the card to your pc and delete the card contents - AFTER VERIFYING the copy worked to start fresh)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, SAD = "Seasonal Affective Disorder" I have it, plus sad about things for real- Now sad about Whitney!
Thanks, there is, but Even if I put pics in I'd have to delete off the card, which I'm avoiding to retain original file proof- I want to sell pic prints. But always delete the ones I Prob won't use-

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Cheer up you!

The other:

I understand, but if you hook up the camera to your pc, you can click on "my computer," and browse the camera's directory and simple copy the entire thing out as is.

I'm really going to need to come down there one of these days and do a 2 day IT training session with you aren't I? :)

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, no you don't have to. You are missing the point- that the original card files (not the ones downloaded- many are) are the irrefutable proof of image ownership. All back-up files are not the original! I'm not that helpless... Just stuborn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home