Thursday, February 24, 2011

Jigsaw Pieces

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2011
.
.
Alright, who put this huge, jigsaw puzzle here?
.
Yesterday I looked out the window n noticed huge slabs of cut-up ice on the boat ramp beach. I hurried to get out the door n walk down there before the fading daylight became too low to see.
.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2011
.
.
Two other people had exactly same idea right after I got down there. So we were all careful to stay out of each other's pics n it slowed me down a bit, but it was fun having company also feeling awed by this sight.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2011
The temps were finally above freezing today. Between the winds n tide action, the entire ice sheet had traveled across from the other side of B-cove, then split-up into hundreds of pieces. It's the same ice shown in the second n third pic of this post. I've never seen it quite like this before.

.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2011

.
.
I'm glad I noticed it, n had time to go see. I'm betting it won't look like this tomorrow...

15 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

LOL and here I thought you might try and glue it all back together.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's pretty neat looking - you live in such a beautiful place.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

It's beautiful!! Nice lighting. How thick was it?

LOL on Ellis' glue idea.

Thanks, Snag, for leaping to the blogger's call to duty with cam and battling the photographer mob for us!

xoxo

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I see a sailboat!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Absolutely amazing, Snaggle! I'm so glad you captured these amazing shots! Jigsaw pieces is exactly right!

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Note: Folks it did all melt today.

Ellis, I can't get my brain to quit finding the matched sides.

Lynn, Thanks. Pretty n strange too!

JanF, Most pieces were between 4 to five inches thick on the shore. It had already melted alot. I wouldn't want to glue on any fish by accident tho- I know a fun photo op when I see one! But none of them had a blog or worked for the paper- I asked!

Neo, hmm- good thing no real boats were out there, they'd be trashed!

Talon, thanks- I get a feeling you may be seeing more of this subject later...

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Unbelievable! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Amazing even in pictures. you're welcome!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Pretty thick, 4" to 5."

xoxo

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yep, I wasn't tempted to walk on them either. N slick too!

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Neo said...

heh... seeing your newer entries, I feel like a prophet ;)

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Been sneaking into all the old posts to keep me busy? lol It's working!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Neo said...

13!!! *ducks*

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, goose!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

The third Pic was on Google Image search for "Jigsaw pieces" April 2011

 

Post a Comment

<< Home