Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Still September

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010
.
.
Today was nifty weather. Not rainy, not too windy, Perfect for hanging around the deck a bit. Mischief got to stay out n lounge. (We played with a fur-mousey on a bouncy string too). Notice the tiny, wild New York Asters that grew in the moss on the edge of the roof this year under the deck rails.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010

.
With all this warmth it's tough to believe it's aleady the end of September! The deck plants are still producing new blooms. Here's one front corner. Usually it's much colder here by now. The weather report has torrential rains moving up the coast to be here for the next several days, so these may soon get washed out. I'll be trying not to dead head n pick them all so I'll have some seeds to use next year.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010

.
The vines in the trees across the road from the deck are just beginning to turn color. They're always first here. The trees aren't ready until ten days after the first frost, n it's warmer near the ocean than inland, so usually peak tree color is in November.
. Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010
.
.
Here's a closer pic of some Asters. They're all over the place this week.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010
.
Almost time to pick some potted turnips on the deck. The chicken wire n hardware wire covers have kept the critters from getting the goods.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010

Down by the D-bridge, the vines are getting more colorful. The month has gone by quickly.
Back to work, n more wet, cooler weather-
(Oh joy- Blogger won't save or publish! This may get posted later-)
Have a good one...

11 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

I fine day with that camera I'd say.

The weather is fin
the cat's inclined
the flowers are all a bloom

have a great day.
or try to.

LOL my post was only half there had to try again

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Mischief looks so happy! It's nice to have the blooms stick around and brighten the days. I love those little asters cross in the moss - how tenacious is that?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Opaque said...

Mischief - nice name! Like that you've surrounded yourself with plants and such. I would love to do that some day.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I LOVE turnips!! I miss those on my plate with some of Mom's pickled beets. Funnily, Jim is less than a fan of both those delicacies.

Seeds will be great. Something so hopeful in a flower seed, or any kind of seed really -- even a weed seed. Weeds give off O2 too, right?

Enjoy your lovely lovely corner this time of the year.

xoxo

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger young-eclectic-encounters said...

Great homey photos. looks like you live in a delightful area.
Johnina :^A

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yes it was a good day for being home, n outside. That's only a small bit of the flowers which go all the way around the deck, btw. I axed the blank comment. You must write your poem answers very fast, eh?

Talon, Mischief loves outside, n gets locked in all week while I work. She was happy to play Mousey out there. A few years ago I had some in a pot to see what they were, n they still pop up unexpectedly sometimes- Very tenatious on the hill here. I was going to scrape off the moss until I saw it growing-

Opaque, She's a good friend, too! I have a need for plants n animals around home. I'm not happy without them. I'd like a farm if I could afford it-

JanF, Well I think turnips are an aquired taste, n didn't eat them when I was young- But I do like the white ones with purple tops best... The rain may mess with my seed pod plans for those petunias- I've had Mini-Marigolds from collected seeds now over 20 years! I will.

Young E E, or Johnina, Welcome Back to ESR comments! I live in a small village surrounded by ocean coves. Just some views from my day. Glad you enjoyed them.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

beautiful, nice photos and a scratch for the kittie chin.

my asters have gone blooming crazy. they love the cooler weather, it's like 88-89 instead of 98-99. the nights have been awesome in the high 50s...can't remember when we had this kind of real autumness.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Yes my fingers do seem to out run my brain.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, don't feel bad, I'm usually typing in the dark with keyboard to my far right while watching tv- still don't notice typos sometimes!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

What a good poser Mischief is! Love all those pics. :)

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, It's always a challenge getting her to stop moving so the shot isint blurry- this one really catches the real her I think! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home