Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Phenomena

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010





.


.


.


Odd observations made after returning home from a long work-week:
...
Being greeted by a huge, very long- legged, skinny spider in the bathroom sink- I went to grab an empty jar, n momentarily lost sight of it, but soon spied her hanging on a web off the side of the commode tank n slipped the jar right under her, perfectly catching her unharmed to release outdoors.
.
While putting dirty work clothes on the laundry pile noticing alot of quickly crawling, tiny sugar ants swarming under them! Well, my workclothes do get covered with all kinds of sugar, (glaze, frosting, powder, ect), n it is located above the downstairs kitchen wall, which may explain a second story ant work detail. So before showering I had to dig out some ant traps (I had for the deck), n put the sugary clothing in a large bucket of hot water, out of ant detection. Luckily, later no more ants were observed in the area (n without the use of spray!)
.
Tropical humid air, n hot temperatures, in the fourth week of September in the NorthEast for Day Off, altho intermittently raining n windy, the windows are open, no shoes or sleeves required!
.
Alot of early evening traffic was out there for a Tuesday. I waited a long time for each stop to turn while driving around town for errands. It was not my normal, low-key run.
.
My fave market across town moved all my weekly items- (I hate that!- Takes longer). Strange, empty shelf spaces were seen there. An unbelievable amount of food items were on sale, (even my organic cookies), many for only a dollar! I spent very little n loaded up. (I don't get it- What's going on?)
.
I drove all the way down the store-front lane at the plaza near my village, noting almost every store has closed or moved! TJ Max, Fashion Bug, Fayva, Sears, all gone! The only ad for an incoming business was for a "Dollar Store." The survivors include Stop n Shop, Walmart, Auto Zone, n the Laundry Mat. All are trying to move to a new plaza on the west-end of town. We may soon have nothing left here...
(If only I were a billionaire who could find viable businesses for all these vacant buildings, I could make more billions).
.
The stores I went to were all packed with folks on a Tuesday (not payday), very unusual! Long checkout lines grew fast, n few open registers were available.
.
I've been looking for a replacement for my old comforter. Today I scored one for the unbelievable amount of eleven bux! When's the last time I saw a price like that? (The old one cost twenty a decade ago-). Maybe the bedbugs on the news is the reason. Given my recent fun with insects, It'll go to the laundrymat before using.

 Image by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010
.
.
.
.
...


I don't know why, but today was different- Wonder what'll happen tomorrow...

10 Comments:

At 4:44 AM, Blogger Opaque said...

Everyday is different and I am glad you notice the differences...

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

A spider up high
Ants down low
Laundries piled
Sweets flow

Waters in air
Temp is high
Traffic packed
Prices not hitting sky

Goodies on sale
A lot you bye
Now all them people
I’d be too shy

Stores moving out
You have no doubt
With lots of money
You’d fix it or shout

An old comforter
to others Is new to you
Soon nothing left
So what will you do

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Awww, lucky spider to be so sweetly released!

It is sad to see the death of small businesses. I think between the conglomerates and on-line stuff, they don't have much of a chance. The retail world is certainly changing...

I like your clever handling of the ant situation. You can't blame them for getting excited by a sugar fix :)

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger TALON said...

And I forgot to mention I love the cloud shot - the light is glorious!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

It sounds as if you had one of those charmed days, Snaggle. Nice of you to save that spider. :)

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Lucky spider!

Different days are always the best, unless of course they are different for bad reasons.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Opaque, unexpected warmth, insects, n crowds lend variety! Thanks

Ellis, cute poem! You shy? Me no- Just wondering why so many folks were out at once- n even chatted with some of them about it. I hope there'll still be some shopping in walking distance in the future...
Thanks

Talon, Lucky spider n lucky me, I think killing's bad luck n bad karma too! So many businesses are gone it was surreal how it felt like a ghost-town plaza...
Thanks, I like the unique shapes brought out by the backlight.

Lynn, My day was unusual, n I kept noting the oddness, so decided to list it. Not great it was crowded, but the cheap food n supplies were great! I always try not to hurt spiders, even if sometimes they surprize me!

LLcoolJ, In the old days killing spiders didn't bother me like it does now- They're just trying to coexist, afterall- n they eat other bugs which helps!
My day was just so strange! N NOT boring!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Kind of a buggy day wouldn't you say. Do you ever mix Borax with sugar to get the ants?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Very interesting day indeed.

Good favorite cookies on sale -- but moving those things?? I am not a fan of stores moving things either.

Since small business are the very backbone of our economy, I'd wish for federal policies that make sense for us little people. Hey, it can't help to dream and hope for that can it? Just let the free market do what it does and everybody is in for better times. No more government "fixing." That "fixing" actually messes things up. That's what I think!

And I also think an $11.00 comforter is a beautiful beautiful buy!

xoxo

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, definately a buggy Day! Didn't think of the bedbug problems until I got home with my bargain, either! I bet that would work- would have to buy borax tho-

JanF, Ya, I couldn't believe they moved everything! Our town is feeing everyone to death with water n sewer costs lately- the plaza owner must be belly up too with no tenants!
That price was a stunner-as long as it doesn't come with unwanted guests...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home