Sunday, May 02, 2010

May Begins

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.
Another pretty pre-sunrise was noticed out the front window. After I awoke, it was a grand Day Off. The neighbors were absent, the weather perfect! Warm, 70F, n sunny with little wind- does it get any better?
.
So much green has grown this week. Leaves have sprouted on MapleBeard, the oaks across the road are pollenating. Some pale purple Lillies of the Valley are blooming early in one side yard. I spent several hours on some long put off yard work. Then I came in to watch the Kentucky Derby, which I always enjoy.
.
Today was the first in the last short stretch of vaca days I'll have off of work until after the summer season is all over. I have no special plans, other than catching up on things around the house, n dozens of projects all vieing for time, not the least of which is a little ones party.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
.
.
.
Rent time has me seriously pinching pennies, so only low frills food n fun are on my menu. Mostly I want to sleep, play instruments, n get to more artwork. It'd be nice to feel recovered from work n allergies to do all this. The neighbors will likely return to annoy my home quietude n make my plans difficult again. Regardless, I'll enjoy not working for someone else several days in a row- I'm enough of a slave-driver to myself as it is...
.
Hope yours was a Happy May Day!
(Mine was)

5 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Life is good, sounds like. I hope you enjoy you time off, Snaggle.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Lily of the Valley! My absolute favs! What a lovely sunrise - a beautiful start to some beautiful days off! Yay!

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'll take good days whenever I can. Thanks

Talon, yes, n they're the pale purple ones- wish the photo was better. Those colors were too good not to take a pic- Free time- Yes!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

How was our May day?? :) :)

Great unti Kelly broke both those bones in her forearm. :)

GORGEOUS sunrise photo. Would've loved to be there to share it with you, Snaggle.

xoxo

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I saw that pic of her arm, n told my little one friends about it when they were jumping around on the mini-moonwalk at the party...
When I took that pic I should've been asleep already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home