Friday, April 16, 2010

Hello Blooms

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2010
.
.

.
.
.

.
(N hello pollen!)
Finally yellow Forcynthias are prolifferating thru the village. Cherry n other flowering trees are revving up their pink n white offerings. My nose is feeling it too.
.
Willow tree pollen is starting. I've officially tested positive for that allergy. I'm taking allergy pills daily, plus Benedryl caps nightly. Feeling rather lethargic all day long. Just ate some spinach in hopes the iron helps a bit. I was so dragging at work- the workweek is just beginning for me.
.
On Day Off I went into Home Depot for a new clamp, n came out with an addtional Coral-eye Phlox as seen above. It was so cute n unique, I couldn't resist... (not expensive). Had to put a new memory card in Digi-Cam after the swans the other day. Missed alot of other photo ops in my travels tho. At least some errands got done, n quite a bit of flower pot puttering on the deck. I can't believe a squirrel picked all the new growth off the one good Hyacinth which was coming up out on the deck- Urgh! I covered it with hardware wire- but don't know if it'll recover n bloom or not. I think I'm going to make some chickenwire hoods n see if it slows them down a bit out there-

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2010 .
Eight years ago I had all these 5-gallon buckets, n decided to transplant some periwinkle growth in the side lawn into a bucket on the deck. It's been sitting in the corner against the house season after season, acting merely as a wind-barrier. After all this time, for the first time, the small, blue petals are finally blooming! That's one long wait for a spring welcome...

9 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That is neat that the periwinkle decided to present blooms for you this year.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

technically those are called Vinca, and the ones I got from you are doing wonderfully in my northern garden and along the fence in the back. the purple lilies of the valley come back year after year, and one thing that I really like about this variety, is that they don't take over the garden like the most common variety, and every time i see them it reminds me of home :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger TALON said...

The phlox is lovely! As is the periwinkle (which is so fun to say~!). Just seeing everything stirring and blooming never fails to make me smile even though I'm sneezing like a fool that last few days as the trees start to leaf out. :)

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

periwinkle was my favorite crayon in the big box when I was kid and I had a grandfather whose name was Perry

now there's something I have never shared with the wild internet

happy Friday, dear Snag

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I'd about forgotten all about that bucket behind the tallest spruce tree- It's been so long since I bothered checking it!

MB, Thanks for the name, I didn't know that- never bothered looking it up! Glad the homey plants have been good out west there.
I remember the stir at the flower shop those purple lov caused- n that you couldn't pick enough to keep up with the requests! I'm getting really tired of seeing the landlord folks weed whack out these nifty plant residents in the yard... planted so long ago by the original sea captain here. TG they are resilient!

Talon, I just had to show you a pic of the coral eye variety- I knew you'd appreciate them- hope the cold coming in for the week-end doesn't hurt them, as it's still in a flower pot-
So you're a sneezer too! Pollen nails the best of us plant lovers!

Paige, I used to have Neighbors with the last name Perry before I moved here... I do love that flower's blue, (my pic is a little dark) n the crayon color also!
Happy wild Friday to you too!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Aww better late than never!

Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I was completely surprized to find those periwinkles- better than never for sure! Thanks

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

yoo can nevir trust tehm skwirrels! :)

just kiding. just kiding. i loves skwirrels, as yoo knows. jasmeene is my klose frend of a skwirrel.

my jannie plantid some of those perrywinkels too, yeers ago. i seen she fotos in a book. yes, in texis they is vinca, as blond chik menshuns.

i heered another plant only blumes eech 7 yeers. butt i forgit where, and wich one.

wit loves.

bb

xo

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, Well the other Vinca in the yard flower every year, so I really don't know what took the deck plants so long-
Someone at work gave me a squirrel pin today! n a squirrel comment from you too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home