Saturday, September 06, 2008

Tattered

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2008
I wonder how much work this salvage vessel will have as a result of Hanna blowing thru tonight. It's pretty windy out there now.
.
I went out to shop n do errands, but wish I'd more to spend. Rainy days are good for browsing. I had to spring for some new wipers because the drivers side ripped n flopped yesterday on the way to work. I had to drive home in the rain peering thru the two clear inches free of raindrops on the windshield whenever lights shone.
.
Today I fought to get myself up early. At the parts store, I hurried to change the needed piece in the parking lot as rain sprouted again. I don't do that chore often enough, I realized, when it took me too long to figure it out again. (Note: being too short to see the clip is a handicap). I managed to get it done just before the main deluge descended.
.
Then I spent too much time in the stores. Most of what I need to get has to wait another week. My work shoes are sporting holey-toes for work this week. Now back home again for the remainder of Day Off after dark, n I'm feeling really tired from only getting a couple hours of sleep. Unfortunately, There are a few more projects demanding attention before work owns my time again. Back to my self-inposed grind... n the tropical winds.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Skye said...

Good morning,
I had wondered how you fared this weekend. Soon I'll have to worry about changing wipers we get our car finally Tuesday. Have a good day. skye

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

be well, be safe.
your post reminded me of driving in the rain without wipers, at night, through a canyon...... on Acid..... hehe

wont do that again, ever

thanks for the visit

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, our area did alright this round. Hope the new car purrs like a kitten for you.

David, yes, they've finally named one after your offspring!
On acid I think I wouldn't have found home... n guess you're lucky to be alive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home