Thursday, December 13, 2018

Ornamental

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018



The past few weeks I've  been avoiding blog-land n posting for the most part.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

One of my siblings passed away from illness after Thanksgiving. Why does it seem these things happen alot at holiday time...?


Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

I've been getting very introspective about my life. So much I've been doing these past few years was about waiting for that. Still, it's always tough to have to face mortality as part of the oldest generation in your immediate family.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

Luckily, trying to get the Xmas stuff all done has me fairly tied up. I never even transferred pics off my cam since before Thanks-time until yesterday, n now have tons of play pics to do I'd like more time for.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

Please be patient with my sluggish motivation. I have alot of easier fb stuff to post, but still working on the bill-paying on-line since missing the library for weeks
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

The temps have been frigid here, n we had a snow-dusting finally.

Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

I'm sure the rest of the month will whoosh right by if I'm not paying attention...
Image by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018

This is my fave section in a super-close-up.

I really like these huge, red, bulb things at the shopping plaza near work.

I haven't really decorated at all yet.
I did splurge on one reindeer ornament...
Have a good week!
Photo by SnaggleTooth Dec 2018







7 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Christmas comes in with all the wrong expectations as you may have learned from a prior post I made. I am trying to just think about the good stuff. The marines collecting toys, my children wrapping gifts for shelter residents, etc. There is good stuff out there. I am so sorry about your loss. It is hard whether anticipated or not and it does bring us abruptly to face our own mortality. Try to find things to do for others and thank goodness for PUBLIC Libraries.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Yes, Xmas gets tougher as I age! I find myself trying to do more than I have time for. Such inflated prices! I am keeping it as simple as possible, but still like to bargain hunt. Focusing on others n doing good deeds is always the right way to celebrate. And yes, without the library I would be no-where with communications or entertainment. Thanks

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Love #2 and #7 and especially the original photo. WOW!

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

Sorry for being gone so long
though my life is not the same
I'll try to show up more
if in life it doesn't rain

good and bad in our lives
come throughout these storms
but if I view the sun is life
maybe this whole body it will warm

think of me like that lost cousin
that shows up now and then
so until I die I'll be back around
to visit with you my friend

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks, yep those are good Red holiday ones! I couldn't wait to play with that photo first!

Ellis, Thanks for checking in! I noticed the last posts were missing from your blog. Maybe you sold the stories...? Would be nice to get paid for writing huh- I actually have kept track of my cousins with facebook recently, or they would seem too distant. Glad you will visit, when able. I welcome your Rhymes anytime!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

So sorry about the death, it's never an easy thing to cope with, but at special times, it's even worse.

I love those red baubles.

I was sorry to read that you were working through Christmas. I hope you get to have a rest now!

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, It has been tough through all the holidays this year. I had to do the same time shift plus work thru New Years also. Thank Goodness it is over, two weeks of no holiday n little sleep, while moody! Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home