Thursday, August 03, 2017

Sun

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017
There has been a distressing shortage of honey bees n bumble bees in my garden. I'm resorting to using paint brushes to try to pollinate squash n tomatoes this week. Blooms have had no fruit in two weeks of flowering. Other folks have some veggies on vines now.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

I planned this post differently, but today the edit window won't do what I want, so looks like I'll have to split the post up n do a separate one for the other pics I was going to include here.

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2017



Sunflowers seen on the walk home from the Library last week. Ones I planted in the garden got eaten quickly. I've been not using bee poison there, only seven garden powder.

It will likely confuse folks I'll have more than one post , but really wanted it all in one until no more pics would load up here.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 2017

2 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

I do directly spray the Japanese beetle with a pesticide as I am sick of picking them off into a bowl! Everything else I leave alone. I have little problems with bugs because we have tons of birds that dart in and out of the garden. I am happy about that.

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, you are lucky to not have the critters we have here. I loaded more pics into drafts n had more to write before publishing, when got sidetracked with overwhelming w. Maybe I'll get home from work earlier soon. Almost 5am already. Never got to comments this week either... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home