Thursday, June 22, 2017

Many Puppies


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


I realized after having written down ""
"Many Puppies" for a post title,


That it's almost the same words as
"Mary Poppins!"

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Ironically - I was watching the movie
"Saving Mr Banks," with Emma Thompson n Tom Hanks,
about Walt Disney getting to know the author of the Mary Poppins book he adapts into a film musical.


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Well all the puppies here aren't very musical, but are often loud n barking. Especially when the woman who is caring for them goes out.  

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

She has undertaken the task of being a foster doggie-parent through PAWS of New England. After swearing off taking any more crying all night long puppies after the first two loud ones found a home, currently there are only twelve dogs here...

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017



Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Two of them are adults, 5 were born here 3 weeks ago. Tomorrow a louder collie-mix goes to a home, then except for the whiny-howling Bichon Frise it should be alot quieter. Please , I need sleep!

 I seem to take missed sleep alot better than other folks here tho, who get horribly grumpy!

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

... But I will take any 5 bark-less minutes to sleep they give me...

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Note: Right now, these are the quietest ones! 

5 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Wait a minute...are you saying that you are caring for 12 dogs???

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, The woman who owns this house is volunteering for this. Only three dogs belong to her, two rescued recently. She is doing most of the work with some help. I do end up doing some stuff. Most dogs here belong to PAWS, n must be adopted thru their website. There is a fee to pay which covers vet bills for who you adopt. Pretty costly for rescued pets these days!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

It's a doggie festival there, sounds like! I like dogs, but not that many at once. :) Very kind of you to help the landlady.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger cube said...

That's a lot of puppies and dogs. I have trouble sleeping too, but our dog is not guilty. It's because my grandcat jumps on me in the night. She wants attention. Maybe putting a ticking clock will keep those cute pup more quiet at night. It's been known to work on some pups.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, it was kind of thrust on me unexpectedly. I had no idea so many dogs could fit here. Luckily I like animals n am used to little sleep! Thanks

Cube, So many, but hopefully will find new homes soon. Meanwhile they are feeling much better n having fun. I don't let the cat sleep in here, except on special occasions like injuries. but the landlady has a pack in her room n crates out in the back room. White fan noise is key I think! Good luck! Cats can be very demanding !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home