Thursday, June 29, 2017

Boomer Time

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017Here comes FireWorks Week already. There seems to be plenty of loud, illegal, Boomers in the neighborhood. 

I'm depressed I can't go to the fireworks in my old village this year, n have to work. When it was really easy to walk there a few blocks away I didn't want to go after awhile without some one to go with. Now I have folks to go with, but there would be such bad traffic getting to work would be impossible. 


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

 I'm very jealous of all the folks who always get this holiday week off for vacation. I miss having time to getting away, relax, n go swimming. Time is my biggest complaint these days. Someday I hope to get holidays off again.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

Until then I'm kinda stuck chasing dollars. I don't want time off now, due to the fact it's the busiest time of the year at work, n the best chance for more over-time pay this year.
 The money is always gone in a flash anyhow... So many bills.



Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

But I have an abundance of free strawberries to sort n eat. Love strawberry shortcake for dinner. That is my fave part of living here, aside from the animals. This was last week's pickings. Still processing this weeks. Made preserves n froze some. Plenty more coming along too.


Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

The squash seems to be growing better n have to pick a ton of radishes I need to figure out what to do with. At least the garden time hasn't all been wasted labor. The strawberries sorting is taking all my time lately, but at least I get to eat them.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

That was the point after all, free food I like. Still waiting on Peas, beans, n tomatoes to produce.

Image by SnaggleTooth June 2017

These altered pics were produced without changing color or texture for today's post.

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2017


Enjoy those BBQ's n family time at the fireworks. Have a good, loud week-end!


8 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

We are usually alone on the 4th but this year we get the grands and it will be bit crazy. I like the interesting photos this time. Larger geometrics. Are you saving money for additional education or attempt at a new job?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The fireworks have started around here. I swear some of my neighbors are lighting dynamite. Slim is used to it but Frankie is a bit nervous. So jealous that you will have strawberry shortcake. Maybe I still have time to get some nice strawberries before my son gets here. Sorry you don't get time off but happy for your overtime pay.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

So sorry you have to work on the 4th! I don't have any plans to go see fireworks - there is such a crowd at nearby Stone Mountain park.

Yum on the strawberries and especially the shortcake! Your berries are gorgeous.

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, it is the busiest work week of the year n have little time for extras. Been tougher to save since rent went up a few months ago. Hopefully will be able to not pay it all back out. Glad you like the picsĀ”

Gran Annie, so many good strawberries here! Like them with Greek yougurt too, plus made tupperware pops with them in too .

Lynn. Hope you find fun anyway! Thanks - n they taste really good too!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

I had neighbors start with fireworks last night (7/1) but overall I don't really go to firework shows anymore. Too much of the same old same old. Doing vacation this week since the family is away and there's really no one else to take care of the animals. Strawberries will remain my very favorite fruit, even though my fruit intake is about down to noting these days (diabetes). Hope your holiday weekend gets batter.

I Are Writer!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B., I am so pooped it's pathetic here... Marathon work all week but yay it's over now. Yep, still eating strawberries! Sorry your illness cuts out your fave most of the time- I am puppy'd out too! My holiday is not working now! Thanks

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I noticed both the words depressed and jealous in this post. I really hope things improve for you soon. Think of all those people who would be jealous of you eating all those free strawberries!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Yep, you have a good point. I have been having a rough time, but the strawberries have been good! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home