Thursday, April 27, 2017

Rushing About

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017



April showers have been doing an encore all week long, n the spring flowers are doing a good job of filling in the scenery with color.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

None of these pics are my flowers, n I miss all the perennials I had at the old place, especially the purple Lilies of the Valley. I tried to bring some here in a pot, but they didn't make it through last year. I'm trying to get seedlings in my room big enough to move out doors without buying some already started. No seeds I planted outside are up at all yet.


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017


Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
 I saw alot of local wild turkeys around this week, n hope they don't eat my plants before I can cover it. Also saw some huge slugs in the garden already. They love the rain. I'm going to try beer baits in the strawberry patch this year. They did a number on the fruit last year.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017
Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2017

Don't know why I'm still motivated to work on the plants. It's tough to be gone at work so much time n try to keep up with it. Really tho, I like the free food, being outdoors, n enjoy the beauty. Just wish I could get the critters not to mess with it. Maybe I should've been a farmer. But then the slugs n caterpillars would make me cry n lose money... I like when it starts producing n how it feels when you can't eat it all n start giving it away.  




Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

Work is going crazy with folks calling out all the time, n I have been getting a sore neck since returning last week. No idea why, because I'm doing it all the same. Maybe I should get new pillows. Sleep is definitely going to be lost more already.  

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

Yep, I'm right back to feeling rushed around in my free time again. Several birthdays to get ready for have me cramming in extra errands n getting up n out earlier. There are folks to visit over the week-end, n expected family visitors from out of state to make time for all the upcoming month.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

I really like these original color, mixed up- looking flower petals! Above is a close-up crop of this one.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2017

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2017

I'm getting tired just thinking about all I'll be doing, better go n rest up after my walk home.

Oh yay, the sun just came out....



6 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

You left a legacy of flowers at the old place, sounds like. They live on - thanks to you.

This is weird, but I have the same problem right now - a sore neck. It hurts to turn my head to the right. I attribute it to tension - maybe that's it for both of us.

I'm glad you have spring coming on around you now!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Excellent, excellent altered flower photos. You are terrific artist. I suffer from the four A's. Arthritis, Allergies, Asthma, and Acid-reflux. Hurting everywhere but sore neck might just be the worst:-(

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I seem to be ache free for some time and not going to fight that! I have gone back to trying to keep my body flexible with weight lifting. It is always a struggle. Missing my daffodils already.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, sorry to hear your neck is hurting also. Mine is the left n I suspect the workcoats we have to wear now. Normally I avoid all collars. Yep spring sprang up after my previous posting. Whew! Thanks

Grab Annie, I have all those except acid belly. I. Try to eat vinegar to keep that away. The neck is impossible to ignore, alright! Glad you like the pics!

Tabor, yay for you! Bet it's the warmth there. Today we went from fair 60f to 50f with a cold sea breeze n needed coats again! My weights aren't working on the neck this time, been doing that. Daffs gone already? We are in full swing here with the tulips coming on now too. Still waiting for outdoor squash seeds to sprout. Buried a mini pumpkin too to see if it will do anything. Would rather garden putter around than the job anytime!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

I have tons of the Lily of the valleys that you gave me. at some point I will dig some up for you. just remind me next time I come down, they haven't come up yet though

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Erica, guess what? This week they just started sprouting out of a pot! Maybe they will live after all! None if my outside seeds came up yet. Only the ones in my room with a grow light came up. I need more patience I guess. Thanks anyway

 

Post a Comment

<< Home