Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lotz n Lotza sNOw

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard

 The Cape n MA south coast area got the forecast Blizzard last Saturday. For the second week in a row I had to skip sleep n go in extra early to ensure we would get there.

About noon it started up at a quick pace, building up on the path into the building fast. I had my new cam in my pocket to get a few pics. Then mid- afternoon it was too deep n un-plowed out there to have driven anywhere. 

 Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard

Sometimes it seems stupid to risk your life for bakery goods, n you wish you had an important job like being a surgeon to deserve going thru all the stress of the job we were expected to do in bad weather conditions. Who can afford an unpaid day, anyhow?

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard

I went out 3 times to shovel the little dock to the dumpster. After adding up amounts moved I decided certainly it was a foot n a half or so. Luckily it was very cold out, (10 F), so very light n fluffy to move.

( Same view below, later)

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard


When the drivers started arriving about 8 pm, (we were almost done), I joked with them that they should get a medal either in "Bravery" or "Tom Foolery," n that they should consider becoming a Navy Seal after getting to work in that storm... as they reported almost zero visibility n only main roads plowed.


It takes a trooper to go out in this stuff! 



Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard


There were alot of silly snow-monoliths to observe out the main door.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard

I got home about 10:30 Saturday night. The storm went on until about Midnight.

 Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2015 Blizzard

Finally Tues n Weds it warmed up to about 50 F n the sidewalks were usable again! Yay because I would've had a tough time walking from the library.

I bought some $1 chicken drumsticks, went under the plastic to check plants, n the Thyme was still green n alive! Yay, will go good in the chicken soup. 

Stay tuned for the upcoming, unusual, pre-scheduled second post of the week... 


8 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger colleen said...

I love the kaleidoscope fractals. We had snow here in VA too but today it was in the mid 60s. I grew up on the South Shore of Boston, Nanstasket Beach!

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Right now we are sitting under a winter freeze warning. With sleet and snow predicted most schools, churches, etc. have cancelled. Wednesday it was 80 degrees and Thursday (yesterday) the temps dipped to 28. This is Oklahoma so it can easily jump back to 80 in a flash. Never know what to prepare for. Looks like your weather forecasters were right in your case. Yikes!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Ultimately, we got a good seven inches or so where I live in CT. Kind of cool to see my car turn into an oversized igloo.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Coleen, wow another Eastern MA person! I grew up in Metro West about 15 minutes from Boston. Glad you like my images. Thanks for the visit.

Gran Annie, 80?! That's quite a fluctuation in a day! Storms here have seemed more intense the past few years. When church cancels you know it's bad! Some cancelled orders. Most businesses here were out 2 days. I predicted it before TV did this time.

G.B. , 7 isin't too bad. Cars here were pretty buried. Most folks brought 4 wheelers. It's okay unless you are in a hurry, n pretty too! Thanks

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I shiver just imagining having to deal with all that snow! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, but I love your happiness over the thyme being alive.

My friend Enid (an elderly woman) moved to Cape Cod a couple of years ago, to live near her children. She posted a video on facebook this week about what to do if you fall through ice. I commented, "Please don't let that happen to you, Enid." I thought about you, too. "Please don't let that happen to you, Snaggle."

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

snow snow everywhere
and not a bit of fun
I hope you stayed inside
and not out in it run

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I think you were very brave going to work in the snow! And working to supply people with bakery food is very important. You need food to survive!

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, in the old days we thought nothing of going out on the frozen bogs around here to skate with the kids, n watch folks play hockey! Now we are way more cautious n stay away from the ice. Yep,to live here is to deal with winters, but we learn to love it. You'd have a tough time in open toed shoes here, but some folks still do that! Not me, I like long johns n layers of clothes.

Ellis, oh yes I went out to work, walked in it, n shoveled it. Went home during the storm too. It's what you do in New England.

LlcoolJ, yep we're all a bunch of thrill seekers! Everyone at work. Yep the plow drivers n police need fattening snacks to stay strong! N coffee!!! I think we should get hazard pay... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home