Thursday, December 08, 2016

Bedazzle the Neighbors


We have a neighborhood winner for Best n Earliest light display!

I got lots of fuzzy pics of this in different color combos, as it flashes, changes,  n rotated colors so fast I couldn't get the one I aimed for last week.

I had zero altered image time for it today tho, as my paint program crashed twice trying to crop it. So I just used the MSPaint here at the Library. Stay tuned as I try to get some of this altered for next week. Nope, no rotating mirrors here...

So much to do before work n on Days Off this week, it's amazing I have any time for this.

We are expected to get that "Polar Vortex" making news out West by Friday here. I'll be ready, layering 2 coats, lined double hat, n scarves.  Still not done getting stuff for young folks- n will hit another store before work tomorrow. Hopefully after that I'll be okay if I don't get back there.

Next week when I post I'll be visiting for a Bday dinner instead of going to the Library.

This week I had to spring for a little TV so I could watch shows. The one I had crashed down to a 1-inch-tall, horizontal picture driving me nuts all week. It had been coming n going if turned off, then back on repeatedly. Finally I couldn't get it back... so a week later, I got a little 19-inch one that can also be a monitor, n cleaned all around the big, old, tube one. The cable box adapter wire is very bad, n it kept cutting out n back as I cleaned around it with the sound on. Then I got the new one on-top of it ready to set-up, n what do you know- The  picture is coming in again, only occasionally cutting out, n back with a full screen! (it really needed cleaning...)

It's great to know there's a back-up if the old tube gets cranky again! Last week I missed all my shows n mostly the news n weather were tough without video. The experience did leave me wondering how to make a film in a 1-inch by 25-inch format...

I'd love to have time to figure that out! Meanwhile, I will enjoy seeing character faces n locations, n what happens on that Soap Opera before leaving for work - Because you do really miss that stuff with only audio to guess by.

Fire up those Holiday lights!

6 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Only audio means you can treat it like an audio book and use your creative mind to paint the images of the story or movie. My router or modem...or something is having problems and cable company told me they would replace for free...but they would still lease it to me. I think I may try to get my own and pay the IT folks to set it up...

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Now I know why you said on my blog that you've been "entertainment starved all week."
Bless your heart. Like the picture of the neighbor's decorated yard.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

TVs don't cost quite as much as they used to. I'm glad you are back in business again so you can watch shows.

I'm enjoying the Christmas lights. I'm about done shopping, so I can enjoy it a little more now.

And it's cold here, too - but I'm guessing not nearly as cold as where you live. :)

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, The thing about movies tho is you always tell as much of the story with pics as you can, so you lose many plot element... I do miss the faces! Hope yours gets set up to your satisfaction soon!

Gran Annie, Yep, no5t how I want to spend my free too tired time! Thanks for the amusing camel take-over! you have an amazing creative mind! Thanks

Lynn, was tough coming up with extra funds at Holiday spending time, n am so happy to have a picture to watch! Today we are in the teens, n minus zero wind chills. I hope 3 coats is enough!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I never watch TV at all it just doesn't interest me but I'd be lost without my computer!

I bet your neighbours electricity bill will be high this month!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I had a nightmare about paying an overdue electric bill this week, myself! I don't miss that yearly holiday ritual at all! Included here... Just have a 20-light string in the window. Hope you had decorating fun this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home