Thursday, October 06, 2016

Blogtober already

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2016


Still I haven't been feeling inspired to write much lately, n work is still too taxing. Been over-sore after machine breakdowns all week have given me new ways to kill my back n use up more energy I didn't know I had. Just very relieved to reach free time this week. Got the hot water bottles working out some arm n shoulder kinks too.


 TG the current hurricane, Mathew, will probably miss my area, but feel bad for all the folks around Florida, Georgia, n The Carolinas who will probably not avoid the storm. I keep my fingers crossed for you. May you not flood, lose power, or cell service.  




Not doing much besides walking outside this week.
Almost everything in the garden except 5 small carrots n 3 small green tomatoes are toast. Out back something ate all my impatiens...  In front tho my flowers are doing ok.

This week I heard that the local turkeys (previously featured on ESR) jumped the neighbors fence n ate everything in his garden. He had thought it was a rodent issue until he saw them doing it.

That may be where all my plants not protected under chicken wire out back went. Probably the drought has wild animals doing unusual foraging this year. Still awaiting to see if we get any good tree color or not. The vines are just starting to turn slightly this week.


Those at least should get pretty. In case there aren't good leaves for pics I sprung a buck at the Dollar Tree for a pack of weird plastic ones to play with. Maybe time later for those. 

 Some folks are so gung-ho on fall decs they are all set-up for the end of the month already. I was gonna save these, but guess I'll do it early too, in case the end of the month gets away from me again.



Have some fun with orange out there! 


5 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Fall is orange. That 4th from the last looks like those folks expecting the hurricane. My daughter and her family are visiting Orlando and riding it out. Looks like they are going to loose a good chunk of their outside time for vacation.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

That was a generous post. Hurricane Matthew is a biggie. My grandson's Navy ship is out in it, as are all ships that were docked. During hurricanes they move them out to sea to be safer and to keep the ports safer. Sorry about your garden. Sometimes the invaders of every species make it too much of a challenge. Poets hate "orange" because nothing rhymes with that word.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

we have some pretty decent color out here, only slightly less dry than your area. it's pockets of color right now. peak color will prob hit this week, prob not nearly as colorful as other years for sure

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

It seems like a transition time around here, to me - leaves aren't really changing to a great extent, but I wish they would.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Wow what a horrible time to be there! First time in decades the theme parks have been closed too- Best of luck they have a good time anyhow!

Gran Annie, Orange you glad I didn"t say Banana again? Hope the boats out there keep floating- got Nicole to deal with now- Lets hope it quiets down soon. I got cut off on your blog again last week- time is getting away from me!

Erica, Bet it's really nice to see the Berkshires right now! Hope you get to enjoy those rides, seeing it all.

Lynn, We will be lucky to see much here but I will try to capture some as I can. Hope the rain n storms near there let you see some of the trees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home