Thursday, February 25, 2016

There were Signs

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2016

I know this stuff I'm doing here really appeals to my taste. Another wall dec I'd like to stare at while I have to wait somewhere boring.

 Bet Wassily Kandinsky ( Aquarell 6 ) would get ticked off at how easy this is without actually lifting  a paintbrush... He was my most admired abstract artist whose work I discovered while in college. Few can figure out the appeal of what he did.


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2016

School made me mix custom color studies by hand too. But these experiments are so easy for me, using  my paint program n preset custom effects.

Click, click, crop, click, n again. Et voila` more happy surprises. Discovery is the point of an Artist's life. Even an audience enjoys discovering a new image.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2016

I wonder what Freud would say of this abstract, altered image obsession I have.

I don't try to find familiar forms in these, like the non-familiar. 

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2016


All it means to me is I just think it's fun, n I don't get alot of that. I needs me more. Back to other stuff like blog, book, n tax reading...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2016




7 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

You art is changing/evolving. I do not pretend to understand abstract, symbolic or modern art. But, I am like you, in that I do not care about what others think in what I create. I get sugarplum pleased if it touches them or helps them or pleases them...but if they think it is off on a plane somewhere they do not like, that is fine as well. I do it mostly for me...as do you.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm sorry you don't get more fun! Love that top piece - awesome.

I imagine Freud would have a field day with all of us. :)

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You know how much I love your designs! Keep up the good work:-)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Your art is cool. Love it! And I have to wait another week, actually 4 days, to get tech help at the library, then I should be able to post to my long-long blog. Thinking of you! xo

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Hope I'm not driving you nuts- Some folks don't like abstract or stylized pieces much.

Lynn, Well, could be less, so greatful for all this I can do. Yep, he'd love to figure this out! Thanks

Gran Annie, Thanks- I knew you'd like me to keep going with it.

Jannie, Hope you get to post soon- I'm so rushed myself! Thanks, glad you love it!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I always love all your altered images, but have no idea what software you use to create them. It always amazes me how many things that I would take hours creating by hand can be done in seconds on the computer. I still have all my piles of Letraset letters!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Thanks- I was wondering if I was driving you away with them going weird curly recently... I have a collection of perfectly drawn ruling pen lines! I had to hand-paint custom color letters too- weeks of work n critiques on those. Now, click click! Thanks for coming back- Rubbing on those letters any more? I doubt it! Paint Shop Pro- definitely getting my money's worth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home