Thursday, January 21, 2016

No Idea

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016


There are so many pics made from MonstR Q I could fill a book with them... This is a different one.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

The only reason work is bearable this week, is all the switching things around leaves you guessing day to day what will happen as you enter the next time.

About the stupidest thing the company did so far, in my opinion, is for years to give everyone free, fresh coffee to get addicted to, n then this week- suddenly disconnect the brewing machine. Of course they expect the same productivity while so many are stuck without caffeine access for days on end. 

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

Also after they moved the break room location, we are stuck without any faucets with cold drinking water. Luckily it didn't affect me much, because I bring drinks every day from home. At least the supervisor went n got some water bottles to hand out.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

Another dumb thing was to set up store order racks in an area where there are huge, black plastic tarps hung from the ceiling to to the floor for control of and-blasted dust. They block most of the lamps light, n it's difficult to read the 10 point text order sheets to place goods,  so very slow to get it done, never mind a floor crowded with folks who can't pass or get though the bottle-necked isles.
Pure crazy-ness in action there.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

My big joke that day was saying, "I am the great n powerful Oz! Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain..."

 I was very relieved the boss decided to keep me on regular hours to help at the local order-filling, truck-loading stage instead of the earlier shift traveling to another plant near Boston I'd thought would happen. Phew! They are trucking goods here to place on orders. I'm not the same sore as normal. Still tho. I'm really tired from doing things I'm not used to. Much cleaner clothes too.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2016

When I got home the other night I shoveled about 3 inches of snow. More is expected this week-end.





5 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Sorry about the weather but glad you job is better than you expected. Let them know how glad you are. That is a lot of snow, wondering what ours will look like.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

A penny here a penny there
no more penny's will they share
helping you get through the day
is something they don't care

Give it a thought
my Snaggle friend
They'll get theirs
in the end

+++

remember this
what you write about
might get you booted out

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I wonder how much snow you have this morning, when my sis in the Shenandoah Valley, VA has two feet of snow!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am often exhausted by your stress after reading a post like this one. We used to get free coffee at work until the pop drinkers protested that they had to buy pop while our coffee was free, so you guessed it, we had to start paying for coffee. At least we still had coffee. Sometimes I imagine you working with someone literally cracking a whip over your head.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, work this week is worse again- one more week of floor repairs to go- I have to go see what your pics are very soon!

Ellis, The boss will have fun
at Heaven'gs gate,
When Saint Peter explains
Why it's too late...

I have an alternate sight n user here
to email the corp heads if I get grief. Ah these contraptions can also become saviors.
Thanks

Lynn, That's what we were doing last winter here- but down south isin't equipted to deal with it. I'm sure so many are just stuck! Only 10 inches in the last one, n melting fast this week in the 40's F. Hope it's better there for you. Thanks

Gran Annie, Thank God I don't drink coffee anymore- n Yes, I'm ALWAYS stressed out at work anyway- I just really hate when it seems I'm the only one who has to hurry all day- but actually, I like being busy n can't stand idle time, so it works out for me. Took awhile to realize that about myself. I do feel bad for all the coffee drinkers tho-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home