Thursday, January 14, 2016

MonstR Q

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016


Why must we spend January catching up...

On remembering what the goals are,

Bills, sleep, cleaning,

Dieting, exercising, searching

Finding warmth where we can -

Digging out from the clutter

Finding quiet away from the chase.

Scolding ourselves into action

When stasis is preferred.

.........................................

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016
It would be so easy to avoid the library walk in this frigid weather, but I need to get out of the house to think. Too much what I can't do while home.

too much loss of motivation trying not to anger folks with noise while always up late. The put-off list is growing the longer I stay.


Image by SnaggleTooth 2016


This week I'm trying to sleep earlier, n prepare for a week of working days at another location while the company is renovating the cement floor. It should be easy to work daytime after 20 years of nights n then flip right back to nights again... NOT!

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

I figure this will be painful, working when I usually sleep. I won't get to bring supplies I usually would either. But at least it'll be a change of scenery for a short while, plus only a few co-workers will be there. It should be less aggravating than usual. still fast paced, but quieter.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

Here goes a few very long work weeks shifting work-spaces until the whole place is done. at least I get to keep working. Just hope I'm not  a complete zombie by next week...

Image by SnaggleTooth 2016

This was a pile of received holiday gifts for a Young One. Don't know if the monster has a tv name...? Just thought he was cute, n had no idea I'd get such cool pics from it.

7 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

set no goals
that others see
flip flop
it never stops
zombies never sleep
brains, brains, brains
A toothy grin
on and off pic

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

the monster is Domo as in "FEED THE DOMO!"

will mail out the usb wifi thing this weekend- sorry for the delay

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Yes, one is thankful for the freedom to go to the library and the computer to use there and the roof over our head and the job that pays and the opportunity for change in the future.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It will be really hard for your body to change to the different working hours, I know with jet lag how much it upsets my whole body time clock. I hope you cope okay but enjoy the change of scenery etc.

Domo looks cute in that box of goodies!!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I worked night shift for about 10 years and kind of loved it when I switched to day shift (we worked graphic designers around the clock at the yellow pages.) I was a supervisor and liked the extra 10% I got in my check for working at night, but loved day shift when I was promoted (way back then.)

It was funny - I had never watched Seinfeld, for example. I didn't know enough about it to even tape it. :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Yes, you definitely got some cook pics!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Some co-workers are arriving to work
wearing flip flops!
I'm hiding my boots well-
almost stolen already. The lockers are not accessible...
Yes these pics
defy
reasonable explanations...
I am a work Zombie!

MB, Aha- I know B has a thing for stuffed tv stars- thanks. My delay has been so long now a few weeks is nothing from here! Then I still have to figure it all out...

Tabor, I'm still hoping for an instant lottery change however! At least I'm still surviving- some folks are out of a job this week. Thanks- Look out - here comes the snow!!!

LLcoolJ, To me, city scenery is never preferred anyhow! but worse is windowless rooms full of large machinery - Yep he does Thanks !

Lynn, I've been doing over 20 years of late shift, take out 5 in the middle somewhere. I always feel ill until I can sleep days again. I do miss all prime-time except my nights off. I did watch all the tv38 re-runs of that-

Gran Annie, I can't stop playing with this thing... I always think- Why can't they put these on the ceilings at dentist offices while your waiting for the novocaine to work? Stay tuned for more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home