Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Blossom Break


Image by SnaggleTooth 2015

If this doesn't look like a Spring Gremlin, nothing does! Someone must've watered it after midnight...
Photo by SnaggleTooth 2015

I slightly "twirled" an Impatien macro pic from the new cam. I really like it that way-

I have very sporadic, one or two at a time blossoms in the dim, chilly window, keeping company with the Christmas Cacti, n African Violets blooming the same minimal way.

 They dry out every day, with the heat going, but have managed to stay alive from the deck seedlings growing so late last summer.

Just today a lone primrose bloom from last year popped up on the window sill also. At least I have some green friends in here. Maybe I'll start some indoor seeds tomorrow. Still going nuts on taxes here- Back to work!


6 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

African violets sound nice. I bet you've kept them and the Christmas cacti alive for a while?

Happy tax doing, I know you'll get them done soon!

xooxxoox

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, The Cacti were my mothers. She's been gone 25 years already. I have Jade plants that were an old home neighbors- Some may be older than me! Violets fizzle after 5 years usually. Got it last year for $2 almost bloomless. The others I had all died without heat after the big Blizzard last winter.
No choice- only 1 more week's Days Off to get them in the mail!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

twisted world
as we do see
things going round
as things might be

Tho a bug in the first
of purple and green
now it's just a pic
so I won't scream

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis,
Spin they do
a tale of grow
Awaited weeks
For melted snow

Flowers breakdance
Perform a show
Gremlin buttons
Green evil grow!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Isn't new life on spring just amazing? Especially after the long winter you've had. Love the image - very cool.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, The regeneration of plant life is a remarkable phenomenon. The daffodil in the woods is coming up again. Glad you enjoyed it, Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home