Thursday, February 19, 2015

Winter Ice Ripples

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2015

After a very long week of getting used to snow-scapes at n above (from shoveling) eye-level, today the snow pack finally melted off of road surfaces, n shrunk down about a foot n one half since last night. I didn't really get alot of good pics, due to being so busy shoveling twice per day n getting to work. I thought what I was seeing at 3 am would make good height pics, but it had settled by the time I got back outside to head to errands. After that I spent 2 hours at the deck drift again.

No joke, we've racked up about 6 feet of snow here since the last week of January! Around the area over 70 roofs have collapsed due to the snow weight, mostly flat-roof businesses. I decided tho it will cost alot, to turn up the heat to get more melted off the house. It's not really bad except the flatter sections of the shed n part of the downstairs, n I still haven't shoveled for access over there in the back... It's all I can do to keep one parking spot clear in the driveway, n you guessed it, More snow for Thurs n the week-end again!

Photo by SnaggleTooth Feb 2015

Here's a pic of the boat ramp beach from after the first Blizzard. When I had no time yesterday after it snowed on that ice again, It was a huge, white field all the way across the cove channel, Today it was re-melted in the middle again.

I'm happy to be able to still shovel, n do anything else!

(oooo- I forgot to mention the $2 Ghiredelli Dark-Strawberry squares I scored-SO yummy!)

10 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Cloudia said...

What a fabulous and wise attitude!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Oceans, which are getting hotter, are where the weather is made and now the jet stream is being shifted because of that, and this is what we get.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, as you age you keep having to wonder if you can still handle it- I'm Lucky. Thanks. Aloha!

Tabor, I guess the dip in acrtic air is reaching all the way to Florida again- I keep wondering if the planet axis is shifting messing up who gets what here... Maybe it's time to move to south America...

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

You make me even more thankful for my neighbor who shoveled for me:)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Still having all that fun in all that snow.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I'm glad you got assistance. There is just too much to move, everyone is busy with their own n watching out of school kids.

Ellis, It seems endless! Now we need to ditch the Arctic Temperatures... I am broke paying for 50F degrees of heat-

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm glad you are faring OK, Snaggle - but shoveling all that snow must be exhausting!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I am pathetically bone-weary from labor, n feeling the cold. Thanks.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Stay positive, at least it's exercise!!

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Too bad there's no old-people shoveling contest! My muscles are huge, but bruise so easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home