Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Loaded Deck

Image by SnaggleTooth 2015

You may have heard about the NorthEast USA's record snowfall totals from the past few days.
I'm so tired of shoveling before work, after work, plus sore from work, it's pathetic.

Of course, work stayed open all week, while the local schools are still all closed because of safety concerns. Budgets are blown on snow removal. A person I talked to said his town sent out a RoBo call declaring to be careful on roads due to his town being all out of salt!
 
I'm just using free sand, some from the road cleaned up last spring, some from the beach which naturally comes with salt.

It seems like a different world out there, with all the real estate four feet high, n higher banks where plowed n shoveled, while everyone walks along trenches that are now roads. 

Walking to the edge of the water now is not practical, n there are zero tracks out there in the hip-deep expanse, since mine from the first big storm have been filled in n covered over.

There's so much I need to make progress on, but I'll be using this week's Days Off to recoup. I just hope I get to go a day or two without shoveling...


My deck was up to the windows too. At least it hides the flower pot mess I should have cleaned before it snowed
That was the deck after the first storm, now it needs to be shoveled again!

7 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

covered in snow
from street to roof tops
dig out each day
till ones arms drop

foot prints long gone
just snow knee deep
yet the flower beds
from under it will peep

some day the sun comes
no ice-age this be
the shore will sprinkle
you heard this from me

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Yep, the snow is hip deep,
Way over the knees...
n there's no running thru that stuff-,
Unless you're a deer perhaps.
Time for sled dogs n snow shoes...
Tough to even remember Summer warmth.
18F degrees too cold for a bathing suit...

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I can imagine how exhausting it is. YOu have to shovel to get weight off the decks and roofs I would guess. I remember one winter when we had three weekends in a row of snow and I was sick of it. I hope warmer weather...at least no moisture is on its way.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I believe the only good reason for snow would be that it momentarily covers the work that needs doing. (Like your flower pot mess.)

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Lucky you sweating in Florida- We're almost to Zero right now, snowing a little, n another big storm on the way. I'm still shoveling necause plows keep messing up what I did. But thanls for the warm wishes!

Gran Annie, Looks clean, yep. Definitely slows down the raking too! I am putting off many chores as a result of spending energy keeping access to the road open, n weight off the house. It's all I can do to keep the house plants going with this cold, dry, air.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I can't even imagine that. Hope you are safe and warm this morning!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Wow, I didn't realize your deck is so big -- cool!!

xoox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home