Thursday, January 01, 2015

Winter Arrangement

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

New n old-fangled contrap-
tions are keeping me wondering which end plugs into what n which end is up... wherever North went...

I died 50 times in rapid succession when at long last I finally got the new old-fashioned Atari to work on my tv. It came pre-loaded with about 40 games like Asteroids, Space Invaders, n Centipede. I'd forgotten how easy it is to lose those old, simple graphic games. Plus I'm not used to the joystick thing n had always used buttons on a controller in the old days. Then there's all the other games I'd never tried before to totally mess up.


Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014
For one of my my resolutions I'm going to take many  more photos this year. Currently tho, I'm taking tons of crappy pictures because I'm learning how to do it on a new Nikon digital. Still haven't gotten any into my computer, because I just found out the cord to the old cam doesn't work with it- but will try the card reader later when I have more putter around time. Still don't know how many megs the new pics use up or what will happen in Paint Shop Pro with my system of alteration.

Winter finally made a re-appearance n it's back to double socks n Long-Johns again. I'm making short work of the chocolate kisses, Hugs, n Andes mints. Leftovers have been whittled down, but I can't get to grocery shop this week either when my only free day is a holiday.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

After skipping so much sleep to get holiday stuff done, I'll probably sit most of today. Was just going to post before getting up today, but magically my phone line went dead, so it will wait anyway...

I had to work New Year's Eve this year, but after work I had an eggnog with nutmeg. That's a treat but I've noticed the main ingredient is something I try to not eat anymore- High Fructose Corn Syrup. So I've only had a little bit, n may throw the rest out. I also have been making my own cranberry sauce in favor of the canned Jellied type since I noticed that ingredient in there. It's crazy how many products they sneak that into, including bread. Even into products made where I work. I try to opt for natural, raw sugar which costs more, but is healthier. That's not a resolution, just what I've been doing already.


Yippee, my line's on, but the high-speed is off. Will try to publish anyhow... n maybe get out for a short walk to test how bad I take pics again. A matter of learning the new settings thing- I'm so tired of re-learning new ways to do everything again every time a device is changed up. Hopefully the result eventually will be alot of better pics to post. So far too many are out of focus because I'm not waiting for the cam to do it... more megapixels...

I'm hoping for a much better year in 2015. 
N for all of you too!

9 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Belated Merry Christmas (looks like yours was) and Happy New Year to you my friend. Looking forward to all the pictures.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

You will get that camera thing down in no time...be patient. New cameras are always trial and error for a while. So many setting and buttons even when shooting on auto! Happy New Year!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Annie, you're back! Yay! Wow do I have a big pile of reject pics already... soon hopefully. Thanks,

Tabor, More megapixels means I can't hold steady enough for the focus, n moving targets are even blurier! Simpler is better I think- My old manual SLR was better...Thanks

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love Space Invaders, but I find playing it now on the computer much harder than I did back in the day!

I look forward to seeing all your new photos. Sorry I've been a stranger but real life is getting in the way at the moment!

Happy New Year to you!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Think maybe our reflexes are slowing down with age? Naw- it's the arthritis n failing eyesight! Thankyou Joe, n thanks for your catch-up!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

yay! I'm glad you got the Atari to work! I hope that you are having fun with it even if you are dying.

if there is a sports mode on the camera, try that for a quicker shutter speed. the night setting is the slower shutter speed, but you have to hold it super still for a a couple seconds in order to not get a blurry shot. Also try holding the button down halfway to let the focus kick in, before trying to push it all the way down.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, After the txt you sent I spent an hour figuring it out- Had to plug into the VCR for the channel not the tv, had the wrong controller, couldn't scroll the menu right, then quickly couldn't play well! N thanks for the sports idea. What hate is when the halfway down flashes red, n have to re-orient to get the focus, n when I think I'm still, or propped on a bench or tree, still it blurs. Can't tell till after upload. Maybe todays will be better... Thanks

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I totally agree, high fructose corn syrup is best avoided.

A new old-fashioned Atari, those must sell like hotcakes. And the originals are worth a TON, maybe you have one in a closet somewhere?

xooxo

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, I hate that stuff. Raw cane sugar is my salvation, I use so much less!
My kids gave away their Atari, but I have NES, SNES, n Nin 64. Som need new adapters n contacts where the game plugs in. I still Love my 64 Star Wars II game! but it gets stuck- Thanks. I'm getting a sore thumb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home