Thursday, November 27, 2014

Turk Key Time USA

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2014

I am mostly thankful not to have to work this holiday. I'll be busy preparing food n visiting with folks. I won't be catching crowded sales this week-end, being more into the simple things.

Simple like getting off the feet n not stressing out...

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2014

We'll all become gobblers of goodies for a big dinner, with alot of deserts n hang out for hours. The phone will keep ringing n the internet will enable contact with all those relatives n good friends not heard from in ages. 

Of course I mostly will miss my parents, grandparents, aunts, n uncles long since absent. This holiday will always echo in my heart with their absence. Luckily, loud Little Ones always take that sting away n add good memories to the pile.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2014

I'll not take this ability to celebrate for granted, or the folks present either. Having the time n ability are very appreciated. Next year if I don't change jobs, I'll have to work on the day again.

Here's my little assembly of small. seasonal decor to cheer me on my table. Three little pumpkins, two ceramic, one a real mini, plus my new fave Dollar tree purchase of a solar turkey who dances (more like bowing) under the desk lamp.

Hope all in the USA have a good, long ThanksGiving week-end, n all others find reasons to appreciate family n life also, even if Turkey isin't your thing.

7 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Here is hoping yours was great since you don't get to do it everyyear!!!

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I believe that more than loving my own TG celebration, I loved yours. I loved the thought of you not having to work this year and your opportunity to reminisce on those you know are absent from the table but not from your heart.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, All went well, thanks.

Gran Annie, I can't get thru a holiday without missing folks. When I was young I remember my Mother always getting misty, n now I understand it so well. I bet you had some misty time also. Hope yours was good. Thanks.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Love that turkey!

I'm so glad you didn't have to work and that you got to be with your family.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Now I'm all misty too, Snag.

A dancing solar turkey, now there's a find!! Your little Thanksgiving collage is very cute, and cheerful indeed.

Glad you got the holiday off! Dessert sounds good. I still have pumpkin pie and whipped cream in the fridge, but I need to eat some "real food" for lunch first. :)

A new job next year, hope that will wok out for you, my dear. I know you can make it happen, because you Da Best!!
xooxoxox

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Your ornament turkey is beyond adorable, Snaggle! You're right - we have to appreciate the time we have with our loved ones whether or not it falls on the designated celebratory days or not!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I like those Dollar Tree solar toys alot. Me too, thanks.

Jannie, N on a $3 budget- does cheer me up! I did eat alot of pie for meals this week, in small increments. Like easy leftovers- a time saver. I hope for a less painful job, but need time to find it, thanks.

Talon, I wonder how long he will turkey dance. I have 4 others still going from 2 years ago. This was the first holiday meal with us all together since the 8 years I've had this job. Schedules are getting too crazy !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home