Wednesday, December 05, 2012

How It Goes

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012

On the way into work the past week I've seen a couple of gorgeous sunsets with no camera or time to stop n enjoy them. The weather was all warm n nice for the workweek too. Of course now I'm Off n it's expected to be overcast n get cold again. Well at least we haven't iced over here yet.

Few pics have been shot in December so far.  I'm making very slow progress on the holiday shopping. There's so much to do n I'm still pretty grumpy from not sleeping enough.

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012

 The one thing that was already done, putting mini-lights on a little tree on the deck- already had to be done three times! A critter decided to eat the wires n chewed two brand new light strings clean in half. I don't know if it was the squirrels or the opossum who I see here often. Finally it's been lit several days now without getting attacked again, surrounded with chicken wire n hunks of some rotten, old garlic I had laying around... How festive (Not!).

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012

This week I was reminded of the imminent approach of the end of the Mayan Calender dates on the Winter Solstice. I doubt time will end because of a number not fitting onto an ancient stone sculpture in Meso-America.

But if I thought the world would end what would I now be doing differently?

- I'd jack up the elec heat cause I wouldn't have to pay for it.
- I'd spend all my cash on yummy, fattening food like KFC.
- I wouldn't worry about saving money from my paycheck toward rent.
- Everyone would get early Xmas presents!
- The last week I'd quit work because I wouldn't get paid for it.


Photo by SnaggleTooth 2012
There's no use crying over spilled milk, but a shelf-safe box of it (for emer-
gencies) fell off the top of the frig, split open, n got all over the kitchen right after I got home from work tonight. I just spent a couple hours chasing it down instead of relaxing, but suspect the rug will probably smell sour by tomorrow. Plus I need to spend some free time washing my shoes.

This image of the Short Pier is from a couple weeks ago, on a day I went to the pier for sunset, but it was a strange, spotty, reflective, n cloudy one.

11 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I do not want the world to end but I do so much want you to get to do your wish list. You deserve a break.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger MunirGhiasuddin said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. We went only once to Cape Cod, although our son went to college in MA four years.
Taking a couple of days off here and there will help you relax, then you would not have to look forward to Mayan calender ( which did not have leap years and should have ended by now anyway) so you can be free of our jobs.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Really I wish I didn't have to pay the electric bill! I need a break, n t will be awhile. Thanks

Munir, Welcome to ESR comments! Well at least you've been to the Cape, many haven't! Seeing your folks is always more important than sight seeing! Glad you enjoyed my pics. Thanks

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love your pre end of the world list. :)

Love that pier photo - I'm so glad you get to see beauty like that.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. I'm dreaming about 70 instead of 60F on the thermostat in here tonight- very chilly! Glad all is OK n you're online. Thanks-

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

Hi
I don't get a chance to get in hear to often,as this tablet been giving me a headake. We do miss your visets,but sence my human moved We don't have to many visoter's . My sister ( Lucy ) been doing ok, but has put on a lb's...... I call her my little porker.... lolI hope this post finds you ok...
OH how's the cat doing? Well have to go see what kind of trouble I can get into.....
Love & Lick's your loving Doxie

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

We are getting light snow here and the roads are icy. I really don't like it, however beautiful it looks.

I often think what would I do if the world was going to end. Your list sounds very controlled. No wild parties and getting drunk then? :D

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, I forgot you got a tablet- Thought just a new phone- Android, MSN? I can't remember. Poor Lucy Loo. Getting called names for getting old...n fat. This week I'm too busy, maybe next.

LLcoolJ, You beat the Cape to snow first! Not fun shoveling, or butt-falling either-
Control Freak is my Middle name... Drinking isin't too much fun for me anymore- I get big head-aches! I'd prob play alot of good tunes all day long too!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

It's a lovely pic of the pier.

Oh no on the milk -- those spills can just take FOREVER to clean. A bottle red wine smashed on our tile floor once and it took so long to clean up.

Yep, I too think the world's not going to end this month. I like your plans, tho if you knew it was all over in a week.

KFC sounds GOOD!!!!!!!!! I LOVE their coleslaw.

xoxo

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks on the pic. The milk spattered onto every surface I could see. Floor, cabinets, stove, cat food dishes, n me- went under the frig, n cabinet, then rolled downhill (crooked floor) into the nearby rug. Plus I had to waste a quart I paid for!
I always crave original KFC Chicken, n only get it about once per year. So greasy n salty- Used to like coleslaw, but now can't chew it.
Heat on 70 would be nice in here. Brrrh! Well at least tonight's still above freezing.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Neo said...

No crying over (a box) of spilled milk missy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home