Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Color Starts

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
Fall cool begins here with about a week of cloudy, rainy weather. Finally while on errands tonight I looked up n saw a few breaks with stars. First time all week-

Image by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
On many past rainy day occasions my telephone Land-Line becomes un-grounded in the rain, messing with my internet connection. I'm currently dailing-up at only 28 bps, n this post may take hours to load. It's the speed I've been doing here all week in the rain- Just hope the connection doesn't die before I get something in the editor saved... (it did half-way thru pics)

  Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
  Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
 Hope the guy who comes to check outside lines Saturday can do something about it without charging me a fee. Until then, I'm playing with shaky internet. Plus I'll have to skip sleeping a day yet again between my Friday n Saturday shifts for more work getting done around the house. I wonder if I'll ever feel rested enough again...



 I have to wait another month for previously requested vaca time owed to me since June. By then it'll be pretty chilly around here. Hopefully I won't have too many things to get done that week too. My calender is getting filled in already-

  Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012

Last week while carrying some dryer laundry back home, I took a few pics of some small color spots starting, n some pretty (altered) marigold flowers next to cobblestones. I'll save some grey sky pics for later. Maybe It'll be windy enough to dry the work clothes out on the deck tomorrow.
There's alot of leaf litter out there already, Don't know if I'll get to it with all the other projects planned for this week.


  Photo by SnaggleTooth Oct 2012
 
Playing too much catch-up on all the things that need doing, n not enough real playing. I'm using the term "playing" sarcastically alot lately. Fall tends to be tough on my mood. I am looking forward to seeing some better foliage than last year, at least- N some cool pics of it to share of course-

Note: lapsed time: 3.8 hours



11 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

FIRST!!!!

Now let me go read your words. :)

xoxo

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I say save the leaf litter clean-up until the last one has fallen.

Hope you get good rest when you are able to jump under the covers and shut those gorgeous blue eyes!

xoxo

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I hate that you have to depend on dial-up internet. It hasn't been that long ago since we got satellite and now I even gripe about that. Bad me!

Love the pics, both photographs and altered pics.

Hope the weather will be good for you vacation. Also hope the telephone repair guy will fix your concerns at no charge.

Glad you were persistent in getting this post done. 3.8 hours....Yikes!!!

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

You are patient with that long loading of data! Great photos. I like both versions of the marigolds. Fall just slowly beginning here with about half gray days and half sunny.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yes! You are first! Beat Annie by 23 minutes!

JanF, I can't get it all done at once, due to the woods across having oaks on a different drop schedule than MapleBeard. Went out n did the walk n steps, n made piles. I have to do the road too, because there's so many leaves it gets dangerous. Then there's the drain backing up every time the wind blows them around. No rest until next week Days Off at the soonest- thanks

Gran Annie, Someday I hope to have enough money to pay for cable plus internet ($50/mo), Then I can ditch the Land-line altogether- But currently it's cheaper this way. Glad you enjoyed the sights.
Almost always the line is pulled out loose at the pole from winds n branches hitting it. They like to charge for service now tho. Yep- 1:30 to almost 5! Processed pics then had trouble getting them in...

Tabor, I wanted earlier sleep to enjoy that rare sunny Day, but it took so long to post I slept thru most of it again, then rushed like heck to get things done in the daylight. Luckily I hung up clothes out in the dark before going to sleep. Now hours loading to read blogs! We'll get some color is this year! Last year Hurricane Irene did in the trees.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

You are definitely getting some color there. I hope you get some rest soon, Snaggle.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I was talking with BBM and said to her that this day in age, dial-up should be free. Remember when we thought it was FAST?! And if you had access 56k YOU were popular!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Left you something on JBI...

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Alot of deep red n even purple! No sleep for another whole day now- Thanks

MB, I remember the little Mac SE blk n wht whipping right along...So much better than what I'd had in college! I'd really like to be cruising that fast now! Yep- only $15 tho.

Neo, ooo thanks. I wonder if it's a happy one...

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Dial up must be so tough. I used to use it years ago and it's so slow. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog when it must be tough to do as well.

You work so hard and yet stay so positive. I hope you managed to get some rest.

Love the photos too. :)

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I'm not spoiled yet, n used to it. I figured out that if I click Lynn's sidebar links I can load just one recent post faster than the whole page- Sometimes miss a post tho. I love reading yours, your welcome! Got 6 hours today of z's but am still dragging butt here... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home